Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Exhusbands current wife feels to the need give me her opinion!

Inactive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fire of psyche View Post
    Say what? Your daughter is a surrogate for you? Interesting, a bit odd, but whatever.

So her step-mother believes that her father will never be a grandpa because of this? That doesn't make sense. Even if, for some strange reason, she cannot give birth again, he most certainly can be a grandpa. Families are made in a variety of ways.

None of this makes sense, really.
    I also left out that my exhusband is married to his 5th wife and has 9 other children. Yes it s a bit of a strange situation

Died of foot poisoning... Minnie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stormyshae View Post
    And as much as I respect your opinion, this is what my daughter wanted to do for me.
    See, I think I'd say to my DD. "Thanks honey, I appreciate that you want to help me out, but you are young, you don't need to be spending nine months pregnant for me." I can't actually believe that you would ask her to do that. My DD is 18, and there is no way in hell I would even ask her to do that for me.
    "I have referred to children belonging to themselves, not parents, biological or otherwise. As taonga, children are to be treated with respect, responsibility, love and care by all members of the group." ~ Justice Gendall
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle View Post
    Parenting, as a firm rule, should not involve firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
    Antonia - not Antonio.
    ...thank you! Even I missed that one both times.

And as much as I respect your opinion, this is what my daughter wanted to do for me.
    I didn't say she didn't. I wanted to do a lot of things at 19, a lot of things I didn't understand the rammifications of.
    "Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and the brevity of human life." ~ On The Gods ~ Protagoras

Chris: What do you do at a Young Republicans meeting?
    Alyssa: We help those who already have the means to help themselves. Also, we perpetuate the idea that Jesus chose America to destroy non-believers and brown people.
    Chris: I don't know why, but I feel safer already.

I also left out that my exhusband is married to his 5th wife and has 9 other children. Yes it s a bit of a strange situation
    Well, that's interesting but doesn't have much to do with the surrogacy.
    "I have referred to children belonging to themselves, not parents, biological or otherwise. As taonga, children are to be treated with respect, responsibility, love and care by all members of the group." ~ Justice Gendall

Yes, but most kids would do things for their mother without really thinking it through.

Is this her first pregnancy?

19 is way too young to do this sort of thing. I don't think it is something I could ever ask my young daughter to do. In fact, I think it is quite terrible that you did. Sorry.

Maybe if she was older and already had a family. But to have her go through the emotional aspect of being pregnant for the first time and then giving the baby up to her mother? That's a lot of baggage to saddle your child with.

I do not approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
    Well, that's interesting but doesn't have much to do with the surrogacy.
    Not with the surrogacy, but with the ranting that Exhusband with NEVA EVA BE A GRANDFATHER because of this.

I........uh.......well......um....yeah I got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow_S View Post
    I didn't say she didn't. I wanted to do a lot of things at 19, a lot of things I didn't understand the rammifications of.
    I think a parent's responsibility is to at least point those ramifications out to their kids. Although the step mother is screwed up in thinking that it is going to affect her husband's chances of being a grandfather, I think someone should be saying something to you and to your DD.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyantonia View Post
    Not with the surrogacy, but with the ranting that Exhusband with NEVA EVA BE A GRANDFATHER because of this.
    But what is Penny trying to say? That even if this DID stuff up her DD's chance to have more kids, the ex is going to be a grandfather any way because of all these other kids? Either way, I think Penny needs to be thinking about what is best for her DD, and this may be clouded by the solution to HER problem that the DD being a surrogate would be.

Does that make any sense?