Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Candy Montgomery is a whore.

Candy Montgomery is a whore.

She screwed around with Allan Gore.
    When Allan's wife brought it up,
    She used an axe to chop her up.

Texas Monthly article, Part 1 (enter page 106)

Texas Monthly article, Part 2 (enter page 108)

Book: Evidence of Love

There was a story about this crime in the paper today, marking the 30 year anniversary. I was fascinated by what I read and have been Googling ever since. The Texas Monthly articles are good and worth reading, but if you're lazy here's the story in a nutshell: Candy slept with Alan, who was her friend Betty's husband. When Betty confronted Candy about the affair, Candy took an axe and hacked her 41 times, removing half her face and nearly decapitating her. Candy had one hell of an attorney at her trial - she claimed self defense and was acquitted.

So, 30 years later, where are they now? I have no idea if there's any connection to the trial and subsequent acquittal of a bona fide axe murderer, but Candy's attorney later committed suicide. Apparently Allan gave his kids to his dead wife's parents and ran away to make a new life for himself. And as for Candy...she changed her name to Candace Wheeler and moved to Georgia. Guess what she's doing now?

She's a marriage & family therapist.

Not sure where the debate is, but thought this was an interesting case. Maybe you can debate whether or not someone who uses an axe to hack someone 41 times and nearly decapitates them is really "defending" themself. :gg

PS - the thing at the top is a "poem" a commenter from the news story remembered hearing as a child, when the case was fresh. I thought it was kind of awesome, in a creepy sort of way.
    These are the seasons of emotion and like the winds they rise and fall
    This is the wonder of devotion - I seek the torch we all must hold.
    This is the mystery of the quotient - Upon us all a little rain must fall...
    It's just a little rain...
    ?

Lizzy Borden wannabe? I mean.... 41?
    The sound of birds stops the noise in my mind.
    - Carly Simon

Dreams are like feathers, if you have enough you can fly!

follow your dreams, except for that one where you fly......that one never ends well

A marriage therapist :faint

Holy hell

I wonder what her clients would say if they knew (I mean really who would think that their therapist "Candice" hacked to death someone?) and I wonder how she managed to get off.
    Mom to Taylor (23), Katie (20), Ben (17) & Grace (14)

Wow. Yeah, that doesn't have EPIC FAIL written all over it.

At.all.

Crime Library's entry on the story: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/n...e/1_index.html

For his part, Allan Gore didn't waste time mourning his dead wife. He began a romantic relationship with a neighbor, Elaine Clift, within a couple of weeks of the murder. The two were married a few months after Candy's acquittal. They lived in Sachse, Texas, one town south of Wylie, then moved to the Silicon Valley, near San Jose, Calif., before divorcing.

Before the split, the stepmother had a rancorous relationship with Alisa and Bethany Gore, who told The Dallas Morning News that they were subjected to brutal treatment. In 1988, Allan Gore encouraged Betty's parents, Bob and Bertha Pomeroy, to adopt the girls.
    I hope after all of that the girls had some semblance of a happy life with their grandparents.

Candy is, I'm sure, a wonderful family counselor. She's obviously so good at helping families stay together.
    These are the seasons of emotion and like the winds they rise and fall
    This is the wonder of devotion - I seek the torch we all must hold.
    This is the mystery of the quotient - Upon us all a little rain must fall...
    It's just a little rain...
    ?

Feminist since age three! Marian Paroo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    Holy hell

I wonder what her clients would say if they knew (I mean really who would think that their therapist "Candice" hacked to death someone?) and I wonder how she managed to get off.
    One of the girls in Heavenly Creatures is a millionaire crime novelist nowadays.

Hey, if it keeps her off the streets...

I Crime Library. Gonna pour myself another glass of wine (it's lunchtime here!) and read the Crime Library story.

Before I clicked the link I thought somebody killed Tipper.

I remember when this happened. I was a teenager and it was big news. They made a TV movie for it and Barbara Hershey played Candy. I read the book too.

Damn, 30 years? WTF has time gone?