Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Cleanse

Quote Originally Posted by orangekrush View Post
    "Cleansing" is stupid. The body self cleanses...there's not paste and fiber and stuff spackled to your intestines. That's absolute nonsense. Eat less, move more.
    :may

It drives me nuts to see ads with pseudo-science claiming things like stuff gets left behind in your colon. It's often a reason used to try to get people to not eat meat - crap (hee!) about rotting meat in your innards.

My dad was a sucker for wacky diets, and he used this one occasionally. He was a master at losing weight - he lost the same 50lbs probably half a dozen times.

Wow, interesting responses.

I'm not sure how drinking organic lemon juice, organic maple syrup, and organic cayenne pepper could really be "unhealthy". I'm not doing the salt water flush, as I mentioned, and I'm not doing it to lose weight - I didn't weigh myself before I started, and won't when I'm finished. The point about craving vegetables and stuff, is that a break from regular eating gives many people the opportunity to step back and really think about what they've been eating. As far as "self-cleansing", no sorry, human being have NOT evolved to the point that they are equipped to process the types of foods, nor the chemicals in the foods that make up a large part of a typical modern diet.

I just felt like I needed a bit of a detox - and so far, I feel absolutely great.

It's a limited time of not consuming anything chemical or difficult to digest, while consuming natural vitamins, minerals and lots of water.

It's working great for me.

Inactive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carol View Post
    Wow, interesting responses.

I'm not sure how drinking organic lemon juice, organic maple syrup, and organic cayenne pepper could really be "unhealthy". I'm not doing the salt water flush, as I mentioned, and I'm not doing it to lose weight - I didn't weigh myself before I started, and won't when I'm finished. The point about craving vegetables and stuff, is that a break from regular eating gives many people the opportunity to step back and really think about what they've been eating. As far as "self-cleansing", no sorry, human being have NOT evolved to the point that they are equipped to process the types of foods, nor the chemicals in the foods that make up a large part of a typical modern diet.

I just felt like I needed a bit of a detox - and so far, I feel absolutely great.

It's a limited time of not consuming anything chemical or difficult to digest, while consuming natural vitamins, minerals and lots of water.

It's working great for me.
    But you weren't surprised by them were you? ;)

I'm glad that you are feeling well. I have done the Isagenix "cleanse" before and it really made me feel good.

I think people going for bariatric surgery fast to get all the junk out of their digestive systems and to try to shrink the stomach some before the surgery.

I don't think I could do it. I'd gnaw my own arm off.

Inactive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    I understand about the control thing to be honest. I do a fast occasionaly1-3 days when I feel like I am sliding or having too many bad days in a row and need to get things in check. I don't do the master clense or anything like that - I just do liquid fasts, water, juice, green tea and no food. I find them particularly helpful for dealing with sugar cravings. I am careful with it, especially with my anorexic history, but I don't think the occasional fast is automatically a bad or harmful thing. I'd feel differently obviously if someone were using it as a weight loss technique.

Unrelentingly Oppositional Andrea's Avatar
    I'm not sure how drinking organic lemon juice, organic maple syrup, and organic cayenne pepper could really be "unhealthy".
    When it's all the intake you're subsisting on for days at a time, it most certainly is. But, of course, you know best.

With all due respect, Carol, on this issue you sound like a blazing idiot. Organic maple syrup, organic lemon juice and organic cayenne pepper notwithstanding.

"When politics becomes a religion, then simple disagreements become apostasies, heresies. And you know what we do with heretics." -- Peggy Noonan

Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    I think people going for bariatric surgery fast to get all the junk out of their digestive systems and to try to shrink the stomach some before the surgery.

I don't think I could do it. I'd gnaw my own arm off.
    They don't fast. They go on a high protein liquid 800 calorie diet prior to surgery because doing so reduces morbidity and mortality in obese patients about to undergo gastric bypass. They need to drop weight quickly to improve outcomes.

The nutrition these patients receive in no way resembles what one gets from the Master Cleanse.

"When politics becomes a religion, then simple disagreements become apostasies, heresies. And you know what we do with heretics." -- Peggy Noonan

Well, I'm an energetic and feeling fabulous "blazing idiot"...

I also don't believe that western conventional medical wisdom is the be all to end all, sorry. ;)

Inactive Member
    Well, I'm an energetic and feeling fabulous "blazing idiot"...

I also don't believe that western conventional medical wisdom is the be all to end all, sorry. ;)
    ?

I know! Thank goodness for shamans, santeros and voodoo priestesses. They have thriving businesses curing all sorts of things.