Page 2 of 107 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Cleanse

I understand about the control thing to be honest. I do a fast occasionaly1-3 days when I feel like I am sliding or having too many bad days in a row and need to get things in check. I don't do the master clense or anything like that - I just do liquid fasts, water, juice, green tea and no food. I find them particularly helpful for dealing with sugar cravings. I am careful with it, especially with my anorexic history, but I don't think the occasional fast is automatically a bad or harmful thing. I'd feel differently obviously if someone were using it as a weight loss technique.
    - Rosie

I did a cleanse my first two weeks on LA Weight Loss but I still ate a balanced diet. And maannn I was cleansed.

Quote Originally Posted by May27JnJ View Post
    I did a cleanse my first two weeks on LA Weight Loss but I still ate a balanced diet. And maannn I was cleansed.
    I did that too and I died. True story.

Do you drink booze Carol? I have had absolutely no issues with self control around food since I stopped. It's been quite the revelation.

I was fairly light anyway but I've dropped more weight in the last 6 weeks that I did all last year.

I would love to be wrong. Yogagirl's Avatar
    Yogis fast in order to focus on the effects of desire on the body. It was another way of detaching from physical restraints.The Buddha reccomended fasting as an alternative to the excesses of Hinduism. Of course these people only had to sit around and meditate. I'm pretty sure Siddartha didn't fast because his robe was tight one morning.

Quote Originally Posted by koo View Post
    Do you drink booze Carol? I have had absolutely no issues with self control around food since I stopped. It's been quite the revelation.

I was fairly light anyway but I've dropped more weight in the last 6 weeks that I did all last year.
    *sigh* Not what I like to hear.

My brother isn't an advocate of cleanses/detox, if it's to jumpstart a health lifestyle, he could see the value, but rarely does anyone do that! He doesn't endorse MasterCleanse or anything. His roomie does these detoxes...no starvation, but he finds it a bit whack...she always ends up sick afterwards. His take is...eat sensibly most all of the time, and you won't have any need for a detox, etc.

Best place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Cycle View Post
    It's still a really bad idea.

And anything you lose will come right back.
    SRSLY! If you were going to go this route you should have just bought a box of Correctal, at least then you wouldn't have to drink something so god awful.
    "Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and the brevity of human life." ~ On The Gods ~ Protagoras

Chris: What do you do at a Young Republicans meeting?
    Alyssa: We help those who already have the means to help themselves. Also, we perpetuate the idea that Jesus chose America to destroy non-believers and brown people.
    Chris: I don't know why, but I feel safer already.

"Cleansing" is stupid. The body self cleanses...there's not paste and fiber and stuff spackled to your intestines. That's absolute nonsense. Eat less, move more.
    m~ (shelnbay)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix rising View Post
    Isn't that the plan beyonce was following to pose weight?

Also, I'm pretty sure there are yoga guru's who actually advocate a fasting cleanse (not sure about he cayene and maple syrup deal)? I remember Reading about the fasting cleanse. It was said that a person could lose up to 10% of their body weight in 1 week! :faint I also remembe ot being writtEn that if you endeavored to do the fast, it'd have to be at a time where you were free of demands and could go to rest at whim.

Also, some dr's recoomend a short fast of sorts if the quick initial weight loss is what it'll take to motivate someone to continue on with abalaanced approach to weight loss...didn't you do the same approach with your nutrisystem, sprock?
    Not too different from the liquid diets some go on before bariatric surgery either.
    :help2 Janice, single Mom to 4 boys.

Quote Originally Posted by orangekrush View Post
    "Cleansing" is stupid. The body self cleanses...there's not paste and fiber and stuff spackled to your intestines. That's absolute nonsense. Eat less, move more.
    Yes, this exactly.