Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Where are you shopping - Christmas stores/links

http://chinagrabber.com/

free shipping all the time i think, amazing prices... gadget/geek/electronic type stuff
    this is my style of typing, if there is proper caps and grammar s'cut and paste

Quote Originally Posted by traycon View Post

The neighbor starts screaming from his yard "Bad dog! Bad dog!" So I yelled, "Bad neighbor! Bad neighbor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sarsparilla View Post
    I just spent $230 at Daedalus Books (and music and dvds) and bought about 30 presents. Only $5.95 shipping no matter how much you buy. I got these great pirate boxes for a bunch of families with kids under 8.
    I love you long time for that Daedalus link... i just scored 8 really interesting books for $35 dollars!

Inactive Member faithhopelovely's Avatar
    Mostly Amazon and I ordered a dollhouse from ToysRus because it was cheaper.

I have been having a hard time thinking of what to get for Jonas. I don't want just any old toys for him... I want toys that are going to allow him to create and work levers etc. His favorite pastime is taking my yarn and making a huge web in my house with it. I mean it's insane watching him work and watching him find the teeniest things to wrap it around. He needs to be kept busy in a bit way. I bought him some gears and some peg level thing from Amazon but am looking for one more thing... I'll have to look at you guys' links!

Crystal
    mommy to Hannah 5/99, Malachi 10/26/00, Chloe 10/20/03 and baby Jonas 10/19/06

FHL... this may sound crazy - but have you thought about those expandable coat/key rack things? You can pick them up really inexpensively, and you could mount 3-4 of them on a 3 ft square piece of finish level plywood, with both the board and racks painted with fun, gloss colors.

It would be small enough to be mobile, but sturdy enough for repeated "webs". :)

Stuart has a modern aluminum one with brightly colored ball tips that he co-opted years ago... and still uses as about a million different action figure settings.

Sometimes the best toys aren't "toys" at all. :)

Honestly I can't see him being allowed to use the yarn but then be happy with staying confined to that one area. The boy is crazy man. BUT... that did make me think that that would work wonderfully with maybe huge elastics or cut lengths of yarn... fabric etc. It's horrible. The other day he unwound my entire roll of paper towels and had it wrapped and thread around everything. His speech therapists have always commented on how he has that engineer type of smarts going on and the teachers aren't going to know what to do with him. He wants to make things work and creates levers and pullies from things. It's amazing to watch but he trashes my house and creates a safety hazard for all of us

I think I need a link to these coat rack things though because for some reason I'm having a hard time picturing it all out.

I had to have Hannah go around earlier with the scissors and cut about a skein worth of yarn from the kitchen, dining room, ALL THE WAY up stairs and into the bedrooms.

Crystal

Sort of like this, though you can get them really inexpensively.

Maybe he would do better with some if they weren't attached to anything? They expand/contract pretty... entertainingly, at least for Stuart.

I could put two on walls facing each other and he could go to town that way! But yeah I dunno... if I give him yarn he will be all over the house. You know what this reminded me of though? Those boards that have nails on them and there are these bands that you put on them. He might like that. I don't think it will solve his yarn web making desires but I think the yarn just needs to go entirely. He looks at all yarn now and thinks "OOOOH WEB!" My nice sock yarn? :gah

Thank you for thinking of ideas for me :)

Crystal

Premier Sponsor
    I left a classroom sized set of wooden geoboards at my MIL's and they were sold in the estate sale. Otherwise I could give you a very sturdy geoboard.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace."

Countdown the the End of An Error

I got the idea for the gears from your fridge. He loved those!

Are geoboards the elastic ones?

Crystal

time to add more links!