Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF kind of $%&@ person does this???

WTF kind of $%&@ person does this???

My daughter had a Girl Scouts meeting this afternoon. One girl was dropped off by her mom - she came in, got settled in with the shared snacks, and started with the activity (cutting coupons for military families). Not too long after she arrived, she announced she hadn't been feeling well that day - she was tired, had a runny nose, and her head and arms ached. She said her mom touched her face in the car and told her she didn't have a fever. The troop leader took her temp and it was over 102....after which she tried calling the parents, but they didn't answer their cells. So she packed the kid up and schlepped her off to her grandma's house since that was the only adult she could find to be responsible for her.

I am hopping mad. I cannot believe this woman would dump her sick kid off with flu symptoms when the effing swine flu is going around! Look how many families have now been exposed due to her daughter coming in and pawing the food and touching the coupons and so on! Who does shit like this???
    These are the seasons of emotion and like the winds they rise and fall
    This is the wonder of devotion - I seek the torch we all must hold.
    This is the mystery of the quotient - Upon us all a little rain must fall...
    It's just a little rain...
    ?

Threads like these make me want to lock myself and my children up and never come in contact with anyone lest I be judged for something cuz god forbid I'm fucking human.
    "Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and the brevity of human life." ~ On The Gods ~ Protagoras

Chris: What do you do at a Young Republicans meeting?
    Alyssa: We help those who already have the means to help themselves. Also, we perpetuate the idea that Jesus chose America to destroy non-believers and brown people.
    Chris: I don't know why, but I feel safer already.

That poor child.

Yeah, honestly she doesn't sound heavily symptomatic until you take her temp. This time of year, we'd pretty much have to cancel every activity in the world if no one with any sort of symptoms could attend.

Who does this? Someone who's not thinking.
    "cdesign proponantists"
    "What will you do once you know?" ~ Inuit Wisdom

Inactive Member
    she announced she hadn't been feeling well that day - she was tired, had a runny nose, and her head and arms ached. She said her mom touched her face in the car and told her she didn't have a fever. The troop leader took her temp and it was over 102.
    Sorry. No way would I take my child out in public, especially around other kids with those symptoms. The schools around here insist that a child be 24 hours fever-free before they can come back to school. I have NO problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by kapooku View Post
    Not too long after she arrived, she announced she hadn't been feeling well that day - she was tired, had a runny nose, and her head and arms ached. She said her mom touched her face in the car and told her she didn't have a fever. The troop leader took her temp and it was over 102...
    That doesn't sound relatively asymptomatic to me.

Plus, her parents seemed to have ditched her. I'm with Kap here.
    Sure, everything we wear smells like barbecue, but you like your shirtwaists triangular, don't you?

My kids are often tired and complain of aches and pains. It's usually before a growth spurt, but for the past six months they've both been complaining nonstop.

It is possible that the mother had no idea her daughter was coming down with something, and it's equally possible that she didn't have a fever in the car.

Isn't one of the hallmarks of the flu "sudden onset of symptoms"? I remember one time when I left work after making plans to meet coworkers for drinks later. On the way home I got horribly ill.

The mom obviously didn't realize she had a fever. I suppose all of you guys always know the min. Your child has a fever every time through out their entire life?
    "Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and the brevity of human life." ~ On The Gods ~ Protagoras

Chris: What do you do at a Young Republicans meeting?
    Alyssa: We help those who already have the means to help themselves. Also, we perpetuate the idea that Jesus chose America to destroy non-believers and brown people.
    Chris: I don't know why, but I feel safer already.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow_S View Post
    The mom obviously didn't realize she had a fever. I suppose all of you guys always know the min. Your child has a fever every time through out their entire life?
    My oldest is only five, but either DH or I are ALWAYS available by phone if the children are at school or doing something extracurricular away from us.

So I guess we do.
    Sure, everything we wear smells like barbecue, but you like your shirtwaists triangular, don't you?