Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061

Thread: WTF kind of $%&@ person does this???

Happens on a daily basis here. They do it for free child care because, if they had to keep their kids home, they'd either have to miss work or pay for some kind of day care while they were gone. We have kids who stagger in the building at 8:15 and go directly to the nurse's office and, after being examined, straight to a couch. No one answers calls, and the kids basically spend their day here sick even though they're totally trashed and should be home.
    "Life is about dreams. Teaching is about making them come true."

Caramia's input was priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokey View Post
    Caramia's input was priceless.

It's amazing that *Ann* is now college age. I wonder how notDoug is doing with paying nonexistent college tuition.

Happens on a daily basis here. They do it for free child care because, if they had to keep their kids home, they'd either have to miss work or pay for some kind of day care while they were gone. We have kids who stagger in the building at 8:15 and go directly to the nurse's office and, after being examined, straight to a couch. No one answers calls, and the kids basically spend their day here sick even though they're totally trashed and should be home.
    Word. I have had kids come in looking like they were just run over, and tell me that mom gave them medicine and told them not to tell me. I have had a student literally walk in, go straight to the trash can, and throw up. In between heaves, they told me they had been throwing up all night. Odds are, with the kids who come in and parents KNOW they are sick, we won't get an answer when we call, if the numbers we have on record are even still in service. It is a big problem.

Sitting on the couch eating bon bons! Eli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coachgrrl View Post
    It's amazing that *Ann* is now college age. I wonder how notDoug is doing with paying nonexistent college tuition.

Sitting on the couch eating bon bons! Eli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deeniereenie View Post
    Word. I have had kids come in looking like they were just run over, and tell me that mom gave them medicine and told them not to tell me. I have had a student literally walk in, go straight to the trash can, and throw up. In between heaves, they told me they had been throwing up all night. Odds are, with the kids who come in and parents KNOW they are sick, we won't get an answer when we call, if the numbers we have on record are even still in service. It is a big problem.
    And there's this.