Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To all new members! Please read these

To all new members! Please read these

threads. They will give you insight to the board and may answer some questions you have.

UserGroups and Board Membership levels:

Link that for some reason keeps not linking.

Reputation Explained:

http://www.webegtodiffer.com/showthread.php?t=28521

The WBTD "Inside" Jokes:

http://www.webegtodiffer.com/showthread.php?t=11361
    Last edited by Sarsparilla; 11-25-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Here is an updated version of the rules. We thought it was silly to have "rules" in place that were undefined and were not enforced with any kind of consequence.

We now have just a few rules. If any of the rules listed below get broken, the consequence will result in being banned from this forum.

We also have some guidelines for Forum Etiquette. While breaking the desired forum etiquette won't get you banned, it will probably get you fingerwagged by those interested in moderating.

Welcome to We Beg To Differ!

We are a slightly, self-moderated debate and support community.

The Rules
    listed below, if broken, will result in immediate banning :

**No posting private or personal information about members at this site (or other sites).

** No attacking members' children.

** No taking info from Private forums ANYWHERE and posting them here (see Note below).

(Note: we understand accidents happen and if someone posts something from the private forum in public, we will decide if the intent was malicious or if it was simply an accident. If it happens more than once then you will lose your access to the Private forums. However, if the Admin/Mods decide it was a malicious attempt to malign another member then banning will be immediate).

This will be at discretion of Admin/Mod Team

**No spamming.

**No trolling:

from Wikipedia:

An Internet troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
    On Internet forums, baiting is sometimes used in attempts to empty forums or reduce a forum's usage. This type of baiting is usually done to make the atmosphere of a forum appear unpleasant or to make forum owners, moderators and long-time users look foolish. A person using this kind of baiting may post comments to elicit rude responses from prominent members of a forum, thus making the responding member or members appear as trolls or flamers to bystanders. As a result, forum users in general may become disgusted and leave the forum.
    This will be at discretion of Admin/Mod Team

**Duplicate accounts are not allowed and will also result in banning (unless of course you can't get into your regular account and you advise Admin right away about who you are).
    One registration per member only!

Forum Etiquette

** If you post it then be prepared for any fallout your words may cause. Debates can get heated. Be prepared to back up your posts!

**No stirring shit up with any other boards. Please, let's not make this a trolling board.

** no hotlinking (stealing bandwidth is rude).

**Please, no personal attacks. Please refrain from calling people names.

** No deliberate baiting/calling other members out

** While WBTD is an adult site, community standards should be considered when posting adult content. The usual disclaimers of tagging questionable content with NSFW (not safe for work), NLS (not life safe) or (NMS) not mind safe are considered good WBTD etiquette. Using links rather than embedded images is an excellent way to share content.

**Please be thoughtful and give warnings when a link may be disturbing.

Including a link in a post is acceptable as long as it is in reference to the information that was posted. Please do not post just a link.

When referencing an information source on the web please quote part of the source with the link to the source. Do not post the entire article.

It's your responsibility to make this community the kind of place you want to stay and post at.

If you have any questions please post them here or PM your friendly Administrators:

Traycon
    Sprockey

Enjoy!

I'm not finding that I can do everything listed here (from FAQs), why is that?

Registration is free (unless otherwise specified), and offers an extended range of features, including:

Posting new threads
    Replying to other peoples' threads
    Editing your posts
    Receiving email notification of replies to posts and threads you specify
    Sending private messages to other members
    Creating albums of pictures and comment on others' pictures
    Adding events to the forum calendar
    Setting up a 'contact list' to quickly see which of your friends are online.

I'm just here for the lulz. Sarsparilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Garcia View Post
    I'm not finding that I can do everything listed here (from FAQs), why is that?

Registration is free (unless otherwise specified), and offers an extended range of features, including:

Posting new threads
    Replying to other peoples' threads
    Editing your posts
    Receiving email notification of replies to posts and threads you specify
    Sending private messages to other members
    Creating albums of pictures and comment on others' pictures
    Adding events to the forum calendar
    Setting up a 'contact list' to quickly see which of your friends are online.
    Where's the above info from? Link?
    Welcome to Fluffytown. No smoking, no farting, no pillow fights.

Do we even have an FAQ?

Ok. That's a V Bulletin FAQ that comes with the software.

Premier Sponsor
    At wbtd some of those features fall under the "unless otherwise specified" part of registration and are subscriptin perks.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace."

Countdown the the End of An Error

Okay, where is the subscription info please? I don't see an FAQ dealing with that.