Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People Share How They Knew They Were in Love

People Share How They Knew They Were in Love

http://didyouknowfacts.com/22-people...a2ffcf7683ccd7

Butterflies, blushed cheeks, silliness, googly-eyes, romance and more. Love can bring so much happiness and so many feelings. But how do you actually know you are in love? Thatís a question one redditer brought to the masses. Check out some of the answers (at link above)

How did YOU know?
    We will be moving to the new forum on November 1st.
    Be sure to register.

http://webegtodiffer.boards.net/

I believe romantic love is really lust. I think love of a partner is based on shared viewpoints, common goals, and work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This Debate topic reminded me of the cheesy "Love Is" comic with the naked-looking couple.

I truly do not think there is one, decisive answer as to how I knew I was in love with my dh. It was simply there.

I can't pinpoint it either. It's just always been.

Premier Sponsor
    I don't think I actually knew how much I loved my DH until he was gone. I'm not looking for sympathy but i seriously had no clue how much we were meant for each other. I took it for granted. To be fair he did too. I was crazy for him in the beginning (I was 18) and then life just happened. I'm so thankful that we had what we did ❤️
    Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here, we might as well dance!

It built up gradually but it hit me like a ton of bricks one night when K was 2, she had the croup and he sat up with her all night. That was the night she became ours instead of just mine and I feel like our family clicked into place after a few months of trying to figure out where everyone fit.

I took it for granted for a long time when K was grown and we both grew complacent, it hit home hard when he had his heart attack. We swore never to become complacent again but unfortunately his health and other things have really changed both of us and there have been some struggles. I think when he came home from the hospital I thought we would live happily ever after in gratitudeland and was hit with the halibut by the way things changed due to our fears and some effects of his medications.

I'm just here for the lulz. Sarsparilla's Avatar
    This is a weirdly dramatic, sort of ridiculous story. I remember sitting in the living of his apartment in Las Cruces. We had just moved him in to go to grad school. I was staying a few days to help unpack and get him settled. We had been dating for five months. He was out at the store or something and I was reading a book of poetry written about the Spanish flu epidemic and I started sobbing. I rocked back and forth, keening aloud. When I could make internal sense of what I was saying, I realized I was saying over and over "miss him, miss him, miss him." Hard to say at this distance what I connected with. Losing him, perhaps? Anyway, I've never told that story before and I just told M because he sat beside me and saw that I had the Ellen Bryant Voigt book on my screen and asked about. And he put his arm around me, kissed me thoroughly, called me a great big mush, and wandered away to look for the book.
    Welcome to Fluffytown. No smoking, no farting, no pillow fights.

It was love at first sight when I met my ex (and ours eyes locked), which had only happened once previously.

With DH not so much, it was more of a groundswell than a sudden tsunami. I remember the moment I started to fall in love with him however, when he rolled up his sleeve and fished a Barbie doll head out of my toilet, not even knowing what horror he might find. I thought, hey this is my kind of guy.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

I was madly, desperately in crush with DH from the moment I saw him and all through high school. We dated briefly and I was just so damn smitten that I wanted to throw up every time he got near me, so it didn't last every long because I could barely speak to him. (I did the breaking up, then spend the next 2.5 years miserable that we weren't together.)

I wasn't in love with him though. That happened a decade later, and there wasn't one moment or incident that cause me to "just know". Somewhere along the line, it happened.

There was never a moment from the time I was 15 until the time I realized I wanted to marry him that he wasn't special to me, in a way no one else ever really was, including the interim boyfriends. But that doesn't mean it was in love with him that whole time. Perhaps some part of me knew, from that very first moment, that there was *something*, but I don't call it love at first site, because at 15, I wasn't capable of true, meaningful love yet. I didn't even know who I was; how could I have known who I loved?

1. With my ex-husband, it was at first sight. I think it was pheromones, really. We did make two beautiful, amazing children.

2. I knew my sweetheart was the man I would love for the rest of my life when he installed the light switch in the bathroom - previously, I had to ask him to turn the light on/off for me because it was over the mirror and I couldn't reach it. But one day he put in a light switch I could reach. He still does stuff like this - we had talked about getting rid of the wall to wall, which we both hated, and while I was in Salt Lake City for work, he pulled it all out.