Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kmart is renaming its 'plus-sized' section 'fabulously sized'

Crunchy and a little nutty PB&J's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Goat View Post
    I shop at Old Navy almost exclusively because a)it's cheap and b) I know what size I am there so I don't have to try shit on - some of the stuff may look funny on me - but I know it will fit. So I order online and then try it all on at home. (I still haven't forgiven them for making their "short" pants longer a few years ago though )
    I'm so mad about the short pants too. lol I have 2 pairs of jeans that are supposed to be the same size but one is like 4" longer than the other. They don't sell the brand of jeans I have worn for a bazillion years anymore either. Sads. I buy most of my clothes from them too.

I still have a bunch of the proper length pants that I got too fat for so now I have motivation to lose weight 😂

Crunchy and a little nutty PB&J's Avatar
    I buy the style of jeans I like (Sweetheart) on Ebay. I'm going to be sad one day when I can't find them anymore. I guess I'll have to go into a store and actually try on clothes. lol

I'm just here for the lulz. Sarsparilla's Avatar
    They just have tabs between sizes on the racks so you can easily see what's available in which size.
    There. Problem solved. No browsing through petites or size fours. Just mark a damned number on it and leave me alone.
    Welcome to Fluffytown. No smoking, no farting, no pillow fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarsparilla View Post
    There. Problem solved. No browsing through petites or size fours. Just mark a damned number on it and leave me alone.
    It's simple and efficient, I usually end up grabbing a few different sizes to try on because I often choose different sizes for certain clothes and everything is in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
    Husky for boys.
    I hated that word when I was a kid. (I deleted the profanity string before "Husky" before I hit post.)

Target has different colored hangers for each size. If you know you are a hot pink and the rack on has blue, yellow, red, and pale pink, you just move along. The only downside to this system is that employees do need to put in the effort to make sure things are hung on the correct color, especially if customers are rehanging merchandise after trying it on. But I can't believe that would be such a huge drain on resources that it would make a meaningful difference. And the "tabs between racks" would work fine, too. Again, occasionally an employee is going to need to check the rack to make sure there are 2s in the 4s section, or 16s in the 18s, but that really isn't all that much work.

I agree they should have one selection of all the sizes and be done with it, but I suspect they keep the plus sizes separate because they can charge more so the price points are different.

I still like segregated petite and tall sizes for pants however. That's just helpful information.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

Quote Originally Posted by Mamapalooza View Post
    I agree they should have one selection of all the sizes and be done with it, but I suspect they keep the plus sizes separate because they can charge more so the price points are different.

I still like segregated petite and tall sizes for pants however. That's just helpful information.
    In some cases Reitmans does have higher prices on certain items in larger sizes but the price on the top of their display will say "XX.XX and up" so I do always check the tags when shopping.

The tabs for the sizes are little plastic knobs on the hangers and they say the size and are also color-coded so even if they are out of order on the rack it's easy to see what size things are as long as they are on the correct hangers. Their sizing shows 12P or 12T if the sizing is petite or tall, it's very handy.