Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kmart is renaming its 'plus-sized' section 'fabulously sized'

If I tell someone that they look fabulous, now what will they think?

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    If I tell someone that they look fabulous, now what will they think?
    Meanie...

I listen to a morning radio show that has a lot of non-PC humor. The host made a comment this morning that a popular larger size model was a little too fabulous for his tastes. I laughed.

Many designers don't make sizes for everyone. I personally would hate to have to sort through petites and juniors and misses to find what I want.

Most stores I shop at call them "Woman" sizes. You thinner ladies are relegated to being "Misses " .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My sister is a plus size, and her biggest complaint, in stores that make completely separate lines from the regular sizes, is the plus line is always covered in a boatload of BLING. As she says I know my chest or butt is big, I don't have to bedazzle it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaena View Post
    My sister is a plus size, and her biggest complaint, in stores that make completely separate lines from the regular sizes, is the plus line is always covered in a boatload of BLING. As she says I know my chest or butt is big, I don't have to bedazzle it!
    Yep. Also, it tends to be dowdy and/or boxy. I believe many designers think plus sized women have no shape, like somehow we are all apples on sticks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Crunchy and a little nutty PB&J's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbelina View Post
    I remember when I was a kid having to get my clothes from the "pleasantly plump" line. I hated that and I think I'd hate the Fabulously Sized label too. Why can't they just have the size listed and be done with it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Sears called it Pretty Plus for girls and Husky for boys.

Why can't clothing be like shoes? They don't have a plus size feet and a petite sized feet section. THey just have sizes and you buy the one that fits. lol

This is so condescending and insulting. I would not buy anything from the fabulous line.

I just wish sizes were consistent. I wouldn't mind shopping in the section labeled "Frumpy, ass-to-the-knees, middle-aged cheapskates" as long as I knew the sizes were true. A size 12 in one brand shouldn't be a size 8 or a size 18 or even a size 2 in another.
    This made me laugh out loud. I completely agree, sizing needs to be consistent.

I am a clearance rack shopper, usually at TJMaxx or Marshalls, and they separate the plus sizes, but I can fit in anything from a large to a 2x depending on the cut, so I have my work cut out for me. But I enjoy clothes shopping. It works when I find good stuff and it's okay that I'm out of the store quickly if I don't.

I shop at Old Navy almost exclusively because a)it's cheap and b) I know what size I am there so I don't have to try shit on - some of the stuff may look funny on me - but I know it will fit. So I order online and then try it all on at home. (I still haven't forgiven them for making their "short" pants longer a few years ago though )

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Goat View Post
    I shop at Old Navy almost exclusively because a)it's cheap and b) I know what size I am there so I don't have to try shit on - some of the stuff may look funny on me - but I know it will fit. So I order online and then try it all on at home. (I still haven't forgiven them for making their "short" pants longer a few years ago though )
    I do most of my shopping at Reitmans for the same reason, they no longer divide the store in regular/plus and their sizing is consistent so if I choose something I know it will fit my oddly shaped plus size short frame. Our local stores have salespeople of all different sizes wearing their clothing as well which makes me feel more comfortable when I'm shopping.

They just have tabs between sizes on the racks so you can easily see what's available in which size.