Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stormy Saturday, Some Places!

Stormy Saturday, Some Places!

Good morning!
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

So far, our Saturday is foggy and cool, but I'm hoping for an improvement as the morning wears on!

The rest of the driveway was poured yesterday - I hadn't previously realized that pouring concrete required such a large team. It looks great, though dh is sad to learn he isn't supposed to drive on it for a full week. I'm certainly hoping that we'll be able to use the front steps, though, because otherwise the only way out of the house is to climb off the front porch onto a cinder block we've set in the shrubbery.

Dh has a meeting at church this morning. This is very inconvenient since it is errand day! Thank goodness he's only filling a one year vestry term, and really only another few months is left.

So when he gets back we'll run over to Sams. I don't really need much in groceries, but we're terribly low on coffee which would be a crisis. As long as I'm there, I'll pick up a chicken for dinner.

I need to clean some stuff this morning. If it clears up, I'll hang up some laundry. And maybe we'll take our walk after lunch... depends on the contractor, who is coming by to take the boards up (and will, I think, want the rest of his $$, so we'll need to be home.)
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

You must look like you're breaking in every time .

It's a glorious day here and there's talk of seeking out a fall fair. Tiny doughnuts may be in my future

A glorious day here as well. Alas, I must be at work in an hour. I could volunteer to walk dogs, even though that's not normally my task. - At least then I'll get some of this fresh air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitting on the couch eating bon bons! Eli's Avatar
    Working the booth for a scholarship fund in our friend's honor this morning. I'm cold and the smell of sausage and peppers from the next booth is making me hangry. I'm supposed to go to a friend's party tonight, but I don't know if I'm going to make it.

Quiet day here. Dh has drill this weekend. After spending 12 days with someone without a break, I'm happy for the time alone. We got along great, but I need my "me" time!

We went out for dinner last night. I didn't finish my meal, so I had my leftovers for lunch today (chicken quesadilla with cilantro lime rice). It was even yummier today.

I've got a book to read and a cat to cuddle with, so I'm all set for the rest of the day.

My Happily Ever After. <3 lilone's Avatar
    Haha I get that Peachy... had dh home for 14 months, back at work for 5 then off for another 4 now been back for 3. We had lots of "bonding time" including an entire pregnancy.
    ~Vicki~

Moving right along....

The back-and-forth on these forecasts is killing me. It's better to stay--no, it would be better to leave--no wait, now it's better to stay again... I think we should pay meteorologists more. Then maybe they could give us paths of absolute certainty instead of cones of uncertainty. Right?

But seriously, we are packing right now and will check in the morning (DH and I have different ideas about how early in the morning ) to see if this monster is in the gulf or not. In the gulf = we go, coming over land = we stay.

FSU announced that they will be closed all the way through Friday. The county just south of us has issued mandatory evac orders (not for the whole county, just the half that goes to the coast).

I baked extra bread this morning, and I'm about to make cookies.

We went out to run a couple errands, and coming back we had difficulty getting to our house--people were stopped in the middle of the roundabout that leads into our neighborhood, because the gas station at the intersection had gas.

If you bring the monkey, I'm leaving puppylove's Avatar
    On my 33 acres in Virginia! (Thank you Sars for the reminder) ;)
    Go. You should go this evening. Please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Donna- People first. Dogs second. Things last.

http://countdowntoasimplerlife.blogspot.com

nolite te bastardes carborundorum stellarfeller's Avatar
    I'm watching CNN on a live stream, and from time to time they show the marker at the southernmost point in the Florida Keys - and people are still down there taking pictures
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things