Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How old were you when your were first married?

I was 21, he was 25. Ironically enough, the same ages my son and future DIL are right now. We will have been married 26 years on the 21st.
    Not only were we young, but we had only been dating 6 months when we got married... it hasn't always been easy, but it has always been loving.

Quote Originally Posted by purplekitty View Post
    Maybe this is why it seems like my husband and I are really the same age.
    Yep. He may be technically older, but he is pretty much my age in his mind. Fortunately, he has matured at the same rate with me through the years.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbelina View Post
    We were both 19. I think we were mature enough to be married and mature enough to realize we were too immature to be parents. We were married 7 years before we decided to have kids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    We waited five years after getting married - so all in we were together 10 years before having ds - so that was a big adjustment

Sitting on the couch eating bon bons! Eli's Avatar
    I was 27 and DH was 28. I thought we were ready, but in hindsight we probably should have waited.

I was 23 and he was 34.
    It lasted 2 months.
    Had to wait 3 more months to file for divorce coz I moved to a different state and needed to establish residency or something..for a total of 6 months married

I was 22 when I got married. DH was 26. We got engaged 3 weeks after we met but waited for a year to get married. He moved in with me after we got engaged & we've been together ever since. We've been together for 35 years & married for 34. It has worked out well & neither of us has had regrets. It's been difficult at times but we always talked everything through. We've raised 4 kids together & are raising 2 of our grandkids.

I was 26 and DH was 25 (a month shy of 26). I'd say we were borderline too young. Even a year earlier would have been a terrible idea, but a year later probably would have smoothed our path a bit. Our timeline was partly dictated by the long distance and the military. Under more normal circumstances, I suspect we probably would have waited a few more months before getting engaged and maybe had a slightly longer engagement.

We had, however, known each other for 10 years, which helped offset some of the relative shortness of everything else. We dated for 10 months before getting engaged though we'd causally dated a bit a few years earlier before he moved to Maryland, and "went out" for 6 weeks in high school, and I spent pretty much all of high school in puppy-love with him. And we were engaged for about 9 months.

I was 23 and he was 24. We were married for four years before having our first child.

He was plenty mature, and we did the remaining maturation together.

Premier Sponsor
    I was 31 and dh was 29. Our first child was born 14 months later and our fourth was born when I was 39.

I pretty much did my "see the world, have adventures" bit before settling in to marriage and family. In retrospect it would have been nice to have more time with just dh and I before delving into the whole pregnancy and parenting gig, but at the time we were very ready to become parents. I just didn't comprehend how dh's health would decline as our kids got older, so I thought we'd be able to do more adventuring when they were self-suffixient. As it is, he really can't travel and explore so I have to do that with the kids instead.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace."

Countdown the the End of An Error

I was two weeks shy of 30 when we got married, its been 32 years. We were both mature enough to make the decision.