Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: How would you feel?

I would be upset, but it would totally be about me and my transference of what I think he should feel.

My nephew is married to a woman older than me. I mean, good for her. My nephew is a very handsome military guy. But I do admit to feeling sad that it is unlikely he will have children. I want that for him. He clearly wants her more than he wants that. And that's the way it is. So they are happy together and that's great. But I am a little sad that what I had envisioned as his future life is unlikely to happen and that's entirely about me.

Having been married to a man nearly 20 years older than me, I wouldn't recommend it. It's not easy long term.

Quote Originally Posted by purplekitty View Post
    Being 25 isn't considered truly old enough to decide that? When would be old enough?
    I was not old enough to decide it at 25. At 25, I was still convinced I did not want kids. I changed my mind 2 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post

Having been married to a man nearly 20 years older than me, I wouldn't recommend it. It's not easy long term.
    Agree. It presents some challenges that didn't matter much 30 years ago.
    We will be moving to the new forum on November 1st.
    Be sure to register.

http://webegtodiffer.boards.net/

I have been seeing someone that is 15 years younger than I am for about 7 years. It has worked out just fine for us and really, we have yet to have had a full blown argument. He knows the issues that can arise at my stage of life and I have been open with him about missing anything in life that he might regret later. He's sure he won't, but time will tell and we both know that.

His parents adore me, so they don't seem to have any issue with it either.