Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday, Glorious Friday!

Friday, Glorious Friday!

Good morning!
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

It's a lovely morning, but definitely cool. I can't believe that I have to wear long pants everyday already!

Dh was out of town last night, and as predicted, the cats were in his spot in bed by 9 PM. Since I had to get up and get my own coffee this morning, I've gotten a lot done - vacuumed, and the sheets are in the washer.

I don't really have anything even remotely interesting going on today (thank goodness!) School. Home. Hoping for the driveway project to wrap up so we can start cleaning up, but the weather has not worked with us.

dinner - pizza
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

Thank God! I fell ill on Labor Day and took Tuesday off. I only came back Wednesday because the work orders were coming in at a high rate, and my boss was stuck here alone. I'll stagger straight home and head for bed like I have all week.
    "Life is about dreams. Teaching is about making them come true."

nolite te bastardes carborundorum stellarfeller's Avatar
    Look after yourself, Jasmine!

Actually managed to get the boys out the door five or six minutes before their buses arrived this morning
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

Stayed late at choir last night because the director is having work stress (at her day job) and needed to unload. I'm dragging this morning.

I'm loving the cool weather, but hoping for short heat wave so I can go to the beach.

Friday, Glorious Friday!

Dh and I stayed up late last night watching the Patriots get their heinies spanked. . But I'm tired today.

Had an interesting day at work. There have been changes from on high that some managers are not on board with (I am totally on board, and so are my bosses thankfully) And those two managers are causing unnecessary drama and pulling power trips in stupid ways. Which of course causes fall out that prions such as mused have to deal with. Oh well, it will pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it seems we're staying put. Tropical storm conditions expected, which we've dealt with before. I just want to skip ahead a few days so I can stop wondering what's going to happen.

Someone in the neighborhood is setting off fireworks again. Pre-hurricane fireworks? Who knows.

All our activities through Tuesday have been canceled, including some things that are scheduled for before the weather's supposed to get bad. Not sure why on those.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    Thank God! I fell ill on Labor Day and took Tuesday off. I only came back Wednesday because the work orders were coming in at a high rate, and my boss was stuck here alone. I'll stagger straight home and head for bed like I have all week.
    Take care of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by mmeblue View Post
    Well, it seems we're staying put. Tropical storm conditions expected, which we've dealt with before. I just want to skip ahead a few days so I can stop wondering what's going to happen.

Someone in the neighborhood is setting off fireworks again. Pre-hurricane fireworks? Who knows.

All our activities through Tuesday have been canceled, including some things that are scheduled for before the weather's supposed to get bad. Not sure why on those.
    I can't imagine how unsettling and upsetting this must be - especially the not knowing and wondering which decision is the right one

I feel mostly human today - I still sound funny though . I managed to eat three meals and I'm up at 10:00pm for the first time since Sunday so that's positive

mmeblue. It has to be so tough waiting for the storm to come. Hope it takes it easy on you!

I got a few glorious hours home alone this afternoon. I finished my book and now I'm sad because it was the last of the series. Your friend's latest book, mmeblue! I tried to take a nap but that lasted about 5 minutes. Oh well, I enjoyed my alone time anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Kim

There's a boy here in town says he'll love me forever
    Who would have thought forever could be severed by
    The sharp knife of a short life
    ~The Band Perry

Quote Originally Posted by kimbelina View Post
    mmeblue. It has to be so tough waiting for the storm to come. Hope it takes it easy on you!

I got a few glorious hours home alone this afternoon. I finished my book and now I'm sad because it was the last of the series. Your friend's latest book, mmeblue! I tried to take a nap but that lasted about 5 minutes. Oh well, I enjoyed my alone time anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    She has a contract for another series! I am one of her beta readers, and I've already read drafts of the introductory novella and the first full book for that series.

Thanks to everyone for letting me do my fretting and processing about the hurricane. It's helpful to me to have a place where I can do that.