Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Utah nurse screaming, being dragged into police car

This woman was literally doing her job properly.

I hope that guy has the book thrown at him. Unbelievable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Utah does not have implied consent laws any longer according to articles that I've read. The nurse was absolutely doing everything according to facility policy and the law. She was also acting appropriately according to her scope of practice and responsibility for her patient. Apparently, they wanted to sample to prevent the burn victim from being charged with anything, since he was not at fault for the accident, but he still has rights. And, as Alice noted, he is likely in extremely critical condition and it jeopardize his life not just his job/reputation/etc to be conducting unnecessary blood draws by police with limited phlebotomy training.

Premier Sponsor
    That is so disturbing. I hope the guy has some serious repercussions. Also hope they do a lot of retraining since the security guards didn't even come to her assistance.

I wonder at what point there will be enough incidents like this for experts to start studying recruitment and training practices and overall policies to figure out what districts without these incidents are doing differently from similar districts with these incidents.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace."

Countdown the the End of An Error

I hope they charge him with everything they can including kidnapping. Because he did, kidnap her.

At what point to do say...ok and walk away?? He made a choice, he needs to reap the consequences.

I feel so bad for that nurse. And she had the hospital administrator on the phone to confirm it ( although I must say I wondered why they and the attending weren't standing there with her tbh)

This is just so traumatic for a nurse. I'm totally a wreck just watching it.

I would love to be wrong. Yogagirl's Avatar
    All I could think of is my daughter. She is an ICU nurse and has had to deal with police hanging around asking it they can speak to a patient. Nothing like this but it scared the crap out of me.

This asshole needs to be fired. Based on this, he doesn't look qualified to be the town dog catcher.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

Dick.

She even states that the SLCPD had AGREED TO THIS POLICY, prior to this incident. So there was clear policy in place, as agreed to by the hospital and the SLCPD. At the point the second officer shows up and starts talking to her, he really should have been speaking with hospital admin, NOT with this nurse. He should be in deep kaka as well. Video below is the incident in its entirety.

Those po-po should be in deep doo doo.

That video Fanny posted is even worse than the others. The detective's watch commander comes in near the end and then starts berating the nurse for following procedure.

There needs to be major changes in the way the police are trained in this state, between all the shooting of unarmed people and then this, it's ridiculous how three police act here.

Wishes reality was like comic books tpatt100's Avatar
    I remember a video where somebody was riding their bicycle in the bike lane and they used hand signals to turn at a light and a police officer tried to give them a ticket because they didn't know that was how you are suppose to ride a bike....
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers