Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Sunday funday!

I gave up buying dog beds because the cats inevitably peed on them. They like led to make sure the dog remembered who was boss.

I've had 3 nights of not enough sleep, and it's catching up with me. I'm either going to take a nap or go to bed at 8 pm. Dh had a meeting at church this morning, so I skipped out and did my laundry and paid bills and picked up the house. It wasn't too bad, though.

Dh is working on the front porch. I think the driveway work is finally going to start this week.

Im glum about the state of the union, too. Sigh.
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarsparilla View Post
    I can't stop thinking about American Nazi rallies and violence. I have two papers due today. First week back in school and my health is so dicey. I'm exhausted and only want to sleep. I really wish I could take time to go to church today, but I'm researching special education litigation and law instead. (Taking my 15 minute break right now!). M is a tower of support, but I'm not a very good wife right now, which makes me feel guilty even if he does understand. I have tons of shit on my desk at work, important decisions to make about my mother, and I'm just so scared about everything in my life right now. I guess this should go in hugs and crap.
    I remember how incredibly fragile I felt when I was dealing with anemia - and I didn't have school/work to deal with on top of it. You really need to be gentle with yourself - and I would recommend unplugging from news sources. Carol O'Connor died 7 days after ds was born and dh didn't tell me - he knew I couldn't handle it . I found out in the end of the year wrap up of celebrity deaths (he also kept Jack Lemmon's death from me). There was no way I could have coped with the world today during that time period.

I'm just here for the lulz. Sarsparilla's Avatar
    Thanks to all of you who shared hugs, love, and support. It's surely abundantly clear I came here because I needed that! WOG, I especially appreciate your post and your use of the word fragile. That's exactly how I feel and it's SO NOT ME. I told M I feel like a stranger in my body. I had a fucking hysterical breakdown about an hour ago because I was having trouble with both the Venn diagram tools in Word and online. Additionally, as is often the case with my course content, I'm being asked to create a Venn diagram of something that doesn't really fit that. The two sets of data are more progressive, building on the first set, rather than some overlapping similarities.

M made me laugh by saying we would get a Venn diagram into my paper if we had to use crayons and construction paper and scan it in!
    Welcome to Fluffytown. No smoking, no farting, no pillow fights.

Sitting on the couch eating bon bons! Eli's Avatar
    Sars,

SARS

Packing is like shoppping.. you discover all the cute stuff you have that you forgot about

If you bring the monkey, I'm leaving puppylove's Avatar
    On my 33 acres in Virginia! (Thank you Sars for the reminder) ;)

Happy Sunday funday!

I'm sorry Sars.

I had a bit of a cry over the ugliness in the world, then tried to cheer myself up with animals on Reddit. Ended up in the before and after adoption subreddit and then cried over the kindness in the world.

So now I am trying to cheer myself up with Vera on Acorn TV and single malt. I've pretty much blown off all my plans for the day.

It's also probably best that I'm alone here on my little mountain. It does help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Donna- People first. Dogs second. Things last.

http://countdowntoasimplerlife.blogspot.com

I'm sorry, Sars. .

I've been trying to avoid the news. It's so fucking awful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sars.

The year after chemo I was so fragile. It was maddening. I finally had to realize it was ok to quit when my body said so. I hope they figure out what is going on. And...uh, fuck Venn diagrams.

My Happily Ever After. <3 lilone's Avatar
    Lots of Sars
    ~Vicki~

Moving right along....