Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poll: Most say time to end effort to repeal Obama health law

My issue with the mechanic is a separate issue

If each party refused to fix what the other party screwed up when they were in charge, we'd be in a world of hurt. (Yes, it could be worse.) That's not governance, that's stupid politics. The GOP wasn't prepared to stand up for their principles. Some of the ideas in the new plan are good ones, but, they won't take the time to sell them. And, the salesman in chief is too busy insulting people to actually try to sell it. At least Obama seemed to believe the bull shit and sold it like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    If each party refused to fix what the other party screwed up when they were in charge, we'd be in a world of hurt. (Yes, it could be worse.) That's not governance, that's stupid politics. The GOP wasn't prepared to stand up for their principles. Some of the ideas in the new plan are good ones, but, they won't take the time to sell them. And, the salesman in chief is too busy insulting people to actually try to sell it. At least Obama seemed to believe the bull shit and sold it like crazy.
    Right. The GOP is in charge of all of Congress and the Executive branch. If they can't fix the ACA or replace it with something workable, then of course it will be their fault. I can't believe anyone would think otherwise.

Here's the analogy that actually works:

I'm a teacher (the one in charge of a group of students) and taught some stuff that was right and good, and some stuff that was wrong and sucky. Some of my student suffered for the suckage part of my teaching.

Next year, a new teacher is in charge and the students complain that the stuff they learned the year before was wrong and sucky, so the new teacher tries to put together a lesson plan to address the wrong stuff that the students need help with, but can't do it. So the students never get the miseducation corrected.

Both teachers are now at fault for the students not learning the correct stuff. Yes, the second teacher inherited the problem, but if the second teacher can't correct it after saying all the previous year that she could, then she's as much to blame for the problem continuing to exist as the original teacher.

So now I can't cook, drive, or teach?

I suck.

You are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by purplekitty View Post
    I'm a teacher (the one in charge of a group of students) and taught some stuff that was right and good, and some stuff that was wrong and sucky. Some of my student suffered for the suckage part of my teaching.

Next year, a new teacher is in charge and the students complain that the stuff they learned the year before was wrong and sucky, so the new teacher tries to put together a lesson plan to address the wrong stuff that the students need help with, but can't do it. So the students never get the miseducation corrected
    Did you mean to post this in the Common Core thread?

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    Did you mean to post this in the Common Core thread?