Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Portland educators want to strip 'Lynch' from school names.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChicken View Post
    Sometimes it feels like hardly anyone is on the track anymore.
    Don't use the phrase "tracks"... it's dismissive of people with a real heroin addiction.

Tiny Heart - Big Nuggets TheChicken's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    Don't use the phrase "tracks"... it's dismissive of people with a real heroin addiction.
    I apologize. No offense to anyone suffering from apologiaphobia.

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    And choo choo trains.

Chronically sleep deprived RN_mom's Avatar
    And this is why Saturday there is going to be a major white supremacy march in the city across the mountain from me. All because political correctness dictated that a statue of Robert E Lee needed to be removed, and the leader of white supremacy in America decided to make this the core of his current fight. It's going to be ugly, and they are expecting possible rioting like in Baltimore. A city of >50k people is expected to have 2500 to 8000 people demonstrating and counter-demonstrating. Because instead of focusing on jobs and hungry children, failing healthcare and an ugly opioids epidemic, our society is focusing on statues and names and being offended on behalf of people who may or may not actually be offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamapalooza View Post
    This is one of the latest examples from up here. A couple of native people (or their advocates, I'm not sure) complained about some guy's licence plate that referred to STAR TREK and it got revoked as offensive to native people.
    Uh ................
    "Life is about dreams. Teaching is about making them come true."

Wishes reality was like comic books tpatt100's Avatar

Portland educators want to strip 'Lynch' from school names.

Quote Originally Posted by RN_mom View Post
    And this is why Saturday there is going to be a major white supremacy march in the city across the mountain from me. All because political correctness dictated that a statue of Robert E Lee needed to be removed, and the leader of white supremacy in America decided to make this the core of his current fight. It's going to be ugly, and they are expecting possible rioting like in Baltimore. A city of >50k people is expected to have 2500 to 8000 people demonstrating and counter-demonstrating. Because instead of focusing on jobs and hungry children, failing healthcare and an ugly opioids epidemic, our society is focusing on statues and names and being offended on behalf of people who may or may not actually be offended.
    The white supremacists only help reinforce the idea that the statue is connected to racism.

My only issue with monuments or flags is when they coincidentally pop up soon after the Civil Rights Act was passed.
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers