Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with Bedding- Sheets

Sitting on the couch eating bon bons! Eli's Avatar

Help with Bedding- Sheets

Looking to buy a set of sheets for our California king sized bed. There are so many (too many!) choices.

What do you look for in a set? Thread count? Color? Fabric? How much do you think you would spend on a set you liked? Where do you find best selection? Target, Wal-Mart, Bed, Bath & Beyond?

I'm loving the microfibre sheets. So soft!

My blog - A Northern Life

I want all cotton sheets. I'm sad that adult sheets all seem to be plain, not patterns! I bought some very nice sheets as gifts last winter at Kohls.
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

I need to touch sheets. I bought "bamboo" sheets from a store going out of business and some Egyptian cotton sheets. The "bamboo" ones were thin and chintzy and ripped in the washing machine the first time I used them. I bought some really cheap ones from a friend who works in the biz - and they were so cheap in feel that I won't use them - luckily enough they were cheap in cost that I can use them as drop sheets

My blog - A Northern Life

I bought some recently at Target to replace some that I just hated. The threshold brand. I love them. They were about 60 bucks, I bought solids and a very simple small pattern, so I can mix and match them with my quilt set.

Nice and soft, and the fitted sheet is deep, and the elastic goes all around. I hate when sheets pop off!

Let's take a trip to the stars Steffy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
    I'm going to try these, thanks for the link!

Sitting on the couch eating bon bons! Eli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaena View Post
    I bought some recently at Target to replace some that I just hated. The threshold brand. I love them. They were about 60 bucks, I bought solids and a very simple small pattern, so I can mix and match them with my quilt set.

Nice and soft, and the fitted sheet is deep, and the elastic goes all around. I hate when sheets pop off!
    I hate it when they pop off too! It always happens in the middle of the night and I find myself trying to put the offending corner back on.

We have a microfibre set from Costco that we love. For summer, i have a hard time finding good cotton sheets. I have a few sets but none are really good. I had a set from Walmart that were supposed to be a very high thread count - they were crap. Apparently what they do now, so they can call the thread count higher, is split the threads many, many times, so the count appears higher, but the threads themselves are weak.

Best sheets for summer is a set we got for a wedding gift (41 years ago!) that said "percale" - I think they were from sears maybe. We still use them in the trailer in the summer. Smooth and cool.
    I can't think of anything witty to say for my signature line.

I'm just here for the lulz. Sarsparilla's Avatar
    Ever since I've had enough disposable income to be picky about sheets, I've been on the hunt for The Perfect Set. I'm still looking. Nothing is perfectly soft and perfectly fitted. I like that incredible smooth feel of a well-worn cotton sheet, but they're generally falling apart at the seams by that point. I've been sleeping on the same set of expensive, high thread count cotton sheets for three years now. Washed weekly, sometimes more. And still they're crisp instead of whatever fantasy feeling my skin remembers from the sheets of my childhood.
    Welcome to Fluffytown. No smoking, no farting, no pillow fights.