Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Davis Islamic Center Under Fire After Sermon Translation Surfaces Online

Davis Islamic Center Under Fire After Sermon Translation Surfaces Online

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/...rfaces-online/

DAVIS (CBS13) — The Islamic Center of Davis is under fire after a translation of a sermon posted online said it called for the annihilation of Jews.

The Davis Imam’s two-hour long sermon is mostly in Arabic. According to a translation from the Middle East Media Research Institute, Ammar Shahin calls for the annihilation of Jews, and asks his higher power to liberate the Al Asqa mosque from their filth.
    I'd ask for the Imam to get deported, but, I might be accused of Islamophobia.

Unrelentingly Oppositional Andrea's Avatar
    The translation must be faulty. Everyone knows all US mosques are moderate - progressive, really, when you think about it. It says right on the mosque website that they're committed to friendly relations between Muslims and non-Muslims. Let's take their word for it. The word on the website not the video. That was in Arabic and not meant for us to hear anyway. It's like prying to even watch it.

I think the people who translated it have an Islamaphobic agenda.

[\ostrich]

"When politics becomes a religion, then simple disagreements become apostasies, heresies. And you know what we do with heretics." -- Peggy Noonan

There's an imam in Montreal who was recently charged with hate crimes over a sermon. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...jews-1.4209384

These stories make me very angry. Do people sit there in church/mosque and listen to this rhetoric and just let it flow on by? I think if our minister was calling for the death of another religious group, calling them filth, I'd be finding another church/minister.
    I can't think of anything witty to say for my signature line.

Wishes reality was like comic books tpatt100's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inky View Post
    There's an imam in Montreal who was recently charged with hate crimes over a sermon. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...jews-1.4209384

These stories make me very angry. Do people sit there in church/mosque and listen to this rhetoric and just let it flow on by? I think if our minister was calling for the death of another religious group, calling them filth, I'd be finding another church/minister.
    That's because you are a moderate, this guy is probably preaching to people who think like him.
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

Quote Originally Posted by tpatt100 View Post
    That's because you are a moderate, this guy is probably preaching to people who think like him.
    Then that is the scary part. That a large mosque in Montreal is actually full of worshipers who think like that.
    I can't think of anything witty to say for my signature line.

I will never understand this - I think he should absolutely be charged with hate crimes - and I hope the mosque takes this seriously and fires him.

Surprise level = zero

Unrelentingly Oppositional Andrea's Avatar
    I don't think he should be charged with anything. He wants to preach it? Let him preach it. But for Pete's sake can we just stop pretending? It's out there and it's not uncommon.

"When politics becomes a religion, then simple disagreements become apostasies, heresies. And you know what we do with heretics." -- Peggy Noonan

Zero surprise, complete disgust.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"