Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving Into Monday!

Moving Into Monday!

Good morning!
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

It's kind of gloomy out, but I think it's supposed to clear up a bit today, and we're on a warming trend.

I have a ton of stuff today, all of it pretty boring!

Vacuum
    Call my senators (which will make me grumpy for the rest of the day)
    Call the dryer repairman and set up appointment

Pay property taxes
    Walk over to library and pick up book
    Go to dentist

dinner - chicken and peppers and tortillas
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

I am feeling chipper today - I am on a slightly reduced dose of prednisone for the remainder of this week. I've been sleeping 7+ hours a night for the past couple of nights, which helps immensely.

Our state doesn't have a budget yet, so our property tax July bills are delayed.

We had the first fruits of our garden last night - stringbeans, and they were so delicious, just steamed.

I would love to be wrong. Yogagirl's Avatar
    Our town sent out bills with a notice that we may end up with a supplemental bill depending on how the state budget goes. Its a fucking mess. Small towns like mine have the potential to be hit very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogagirl View Post
    Our town sent out bills with a notice that we may end up with a supplemental bill depending on how the state budget goes. Its a fucking mess. Small towns like mine have the potential to be hit very hard.
    It is a huge fucking mess! I don't know what's going to come out of it, but I have contacted my legislators to ask them to please work together on this!

As I entered the building for the first time in 3 weeks, I was eager to see all that they got done while I was away. By the time I worked my way through the school and peeked into our ceilingless library, I was glum. When I opened the office door and found that my entire office area was EMPTY, I became downright depressed.

I just sat on a chair in the middle of the bare carpet and slowly drank my coffee. When I was calm enough not to "shout", I texted my boss (not in today) and asked him what happened. No real explanation, but he was able to tell me where they stored away my work life. One of the guys from maintenance was nice enough to help me move the furniture back in. After that, I had to set up all of my electronics which, considering this is a tech office, is quite extensive. Two hours later, voila!

Now that I have my life back, I have to face the reality that, with just 4 weeks left until everyone is back, I can do NOTHING because they aren't done replacing lights and conduit and ... whatever else.

Good morning.
    "Life is about dreams. Teaching is about making them come true."

We've completely enjoyed Vancouver and Victoria. Boarding our cruise today. Planning on spending the afternoon and evening sipping wine on our balcony as the boat depart...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sitting on the couch eating bon bons! Eli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coachgrrl View Post
    We've completely enjoyed Vancouver and Victoria. Boarding our cruise today. Planning on spending the afternoon and evening sipping wine on our balcony as the boat depart...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Keep those pictures coming!! Living vicariously through you this week.

Sitting on the couch eating bon bons! Eli's Avatar
    Laundry is going. That's about the extent of my day so far.

Crunchy and a little nutty PB&J's Avatar
    Went to work then had to go to the courthouse to get registration and title transfer for our car. Pain in the butt. I'd say half the numbers called never show up. They call your number 3 times then move to the next number pretty quick if you don't answer. I was 505 and as I'm leaving they call 512 and I hear a guy yell, Hey, you skipped 501! Everyone was like, No, they said it 3 times. Pay attention! lol

My sister has lost her mind. She quit her job abruptly, dumped her cat and dogs at the animal shelter, put her house up for sale blocked us all on social media and is not speaking to us because 'we are not supportive of her choices'. Sorry I can't sit and be quiet while you are asking like a crazy person. Today she sent my mom an email that we need Jesus and need to come to her new church and went on this rant about her great her new church is. Which is a different church than the one she was at last week. Umm...what IS GOING ON?!