Thread: It isn't easy being green.

It isn't easy being green.

But no longer being green is apparently even harder.
    The puppeteer who was fired after 27 years as Kermit the Frog said Thursday he is "devastated to have failed" Muppets founder and his mentor Jim Henson.

Steve Whitmire, who took over as Kermit after Henson's death in 1990, wrote in an emotional blogpost that he's leaving against his will, and would "never consider abandoning Kermit."
    He says he was told in October that Kermit was being recast, and he kept silent as he has tried to address the issues that led to his firing, though neither he nor Muppets Studios have gave reasons for his departure.
    The Hollywood Reporter and ABC News reported Wednesday that longtime Muppets performer Matt Vogel will take over as Kermit.

http://www.wcvb.com/article/fired-vo...tated/10305145

Huh. I wonder what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by purplekitty View Post
    Huh. I wonder what he did.
    Rumors of Miss Piggy accusing him of putting his hand where it didn't belong.

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    Rumors of Miss Piggy accusing him of putting his hand where it didn't belong.
    I'm sure she set him up, that slut.

Wishes reality was like comic books tpatt100's Avatar
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...siness-conduct

"This is my life's work," said Mr. Whitmire, 58, who lives in the Atlanta area. "The only thing I've done my whole adult life, and it's just been taken away from me. I just couldn't understand why we couldn't resolve this."Disney, which acquired the Muppets in 2004 from the Jim Henson Company, painted a wholly different picture, portraying Mr. Whitmire as hostile to co-workers and overly difficult in contract negotiations. Members of the Henson family said they supported the dismissal as well."
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

Sounds like there's definitely another side to the story..

Kermit the Frog Performer and Disney Spar Over an 'Ugly' Muppet Firing

Disney, which acquired the Muppets in 2004 from the Jim Henson Company, painted a wholly different picture, portraying Mr. Whitmire as hostile to co-workers and overly difficult in contract negotiations. Members of the Henson family said they supported the dismissal as well.
    The executives gave two reasons for the decision, Mr. Whitmire recalled.

“They were uncomfortable with the way I had handled giving notes to one of the top creative executives on the series,” Mr. Whitmire said, referring to “The Muppets,” the most recent television revival of the franchise, which aired on ABC for one season, ending in March 2016.

“Nobody was yelling and screaming or using inappropriate language or typing in capitals,” he said. “It was strictly that I was sending detailed notes. I don’t feel that I was, in any way, disrespectful by doing that.”

The second reason, he said, had to do with a small video shoot involving Kermit, Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy and an outside company, which Mr. Whitmire declined to name, that took place more than a year before the phone call. There was a contract dispute between the Screen Actors Guild, of which Mr. Whitmire is a member, and Disney over how much the performers behind the puppets should be paid. Eventually, the union advised Mr. Whitmire not to do the project. Mr. Whitmire agreed.
    Disney executives declined to discuss Mr. Whitmire’s characterization of the phone call but did offer their fullest explanation of why Mr. Whitmire was being replaced, charging that his issues went far beyond minor.