Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids sharing rooms

Kids sharing rooms

Question for you mom's with little ones sharing bedrooms:
    My oldest daughter just turned 3 and my youngest is 9 months. Both girls will have to share a bedroom together, and it's been set up to do so for the past year. But I've had the baby sleeping in my bedroom since the beginning. I have NO clue how I'm supposed to make the transition for them to room share, it honestly seems like a hurdle the size of Everest to me and makes me so anxious thinking about it!! Wondering how others have approached this and could share some tips for making the switch? Should I wait till the baby is older? It just feels like forever since I've had my room to myself and worried The change will be harder the older she is ?
    This was posted on a mom's FB site that I follow. Am I missing something?

I would love to be wrong. Yogagirl's Avatar
    Put the kid in the room. End of transition.

nolite te bastardes carborundorum stellarfeller's Avatar
    Well, I remember being a pretty nervous mom the first time around, and it was hard for me when we moved Richard to his own room when he was about eight months old (even though his room was like six feet away from ours ). It may seem silly now, but things that seem easy to us might not be as easy for a mom doing it for the first time.
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

Quote Originally Posted by Yogagirl View Post
    Put the kid in the room. End of transition.
    That's what I told her.

She is probably worrying that one or both girls will have trouble sleeping when the baby first starts sleeping in there.

But I wouldn't know for sure, because I put my babies in their cribs in their designated bedrooms from the first night home from the hospital.

I did have to split my girls up into separate bedrooms when I'd intended for them to stay in the same one. C2 was, in various ways, making it impossible for C1 to sleep. But they were older when we split them up--it was about a year ago. They'd been in the same room since C2 was born.

My kids went from separate rooms to sharing a room when we moved to the UK, so they were almost-four and five years old at the time. My worry was that they would mess around and never go to sleep, which turned out to be accurate. So then I staggered their bedtimes so my daughter was asleep by the time my son went to bed, and that worked.

I get maybe not being sure how it's going to work out, but a hurdle the size of Everest? Seriously? This woman is in for a long road ahead of her if this is that big of a hurdle.

Good lord

Crunchy and a little nutty PB&J's Avatar
    She sounds like my sister. My sister has so many non-problems it's ridiculous. She still hasn't 'transitioned' her daughter into a crib. It was out of her bed, into a pack and play in her room. Then they moved the pack and play into the baby's room and transitioned into that. Now she has to transition into a crib. She's 18 months old, you should have put her in a crib first thing. lol (SHe was adopted when she was a year old.)

But anyway, put baby in crib in room. The end. lol

Everything can be Mt. Everest in parenting when it's your problem. Lol. I remember thinking I would never get DS to sleep through the night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk