Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: Who Pays on the First Date? No One Knows Anymore, and Itís Really Awkward

  1. #11
    Shrieking Violet Sprockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I Wish I Knew
    Posts
    103,639
    Rep Power
    724293
    If I am paying for his entire meal then I expect him to put out.

  2. #12
    Shrieking Violet Sprockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I Wish I Knew
    Posts
    103,639
    Rep Power
    724293
    I am not sure if I will have the opportunity to date any time soon, but I would pay 50/50.
    Heck, even when my husband and I go out now then we take turns paying.

  3. #13
    Easily entertained kimbelina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,792
    Rep Power
    368580
    I always offer to pay especially if I'm the one who asked him out. Most of the time the guy has paid but I have paid a time or two. It's not a big deal to me either way.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Kim

    There's a boy here in town says he'll love me forever
    Who would have thought forever could be severed by
    The sharp knife of a short life
    ~The Band Perry

  4. #14
    Moderator purplekitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    85,707
    Rep Power
    652088
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockey View Post
    Heck, even when my husband and I go out now then we take turns paying.
    Same. Although I do expect him to pay more often.

  5. #15
    Premier Sponsor
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,764
    Rep Power
    136744
    I say right up front that I want to go 50/50. If he insists on paying I get the tip. I'm in a financial spot to pay my way. I don't need a sugar daddy or want to be a sugar momma. Dating is not fun @ this age. I'm once again having second thoughts on this fella. It has nothing to do with who's paying more. Maybe I'll expand in the the private forum
    Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here, we might as well dance!

  6. #16
    Full Sponsor GiftOfFlavor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,206
    Rep Power
    180419
    We have a joint bank account so it doesn't matter who pays, it all comes out of the same place LOL

    Whoever invites should pay. Just like I don't invite people over for a dinner party and expect them to bring food to eat. (Unless it's a potluck which is the dinner-party equivalent of going Dutch and prearranged before the event.)

  7. #17
    Shrieking Violet Sprockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I Wish I Knew
    Posts
    103,639
    Rep Power
    724293
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxmammy View Post
    I say right up front that I want to go 50/50. If he insists on paying I get the tip. I'm in a financial spot to pay my way. I don't need a sugar daddy or want to be a sugar momma. Dating is not fun @ this age. I'm once again having second thoughts on this fella. It has nothing to do with who's paying more. Maybe I'll expand in the the private forum
    You have to. We are all very invested in your love life!

  8. #18
    Shrieking Violet Sprockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I Wish I Knew
    Posts
    103,639
    Rep Power
    724293
    Quote Originally Posted by GiftOfFlavor View Post
    We have a joint bank account so it doesn't matter who pays, it all comes out of the same place LOL
    I should have said that we have separate accounts and separate money

  9. #19
    Full Sponsor emmjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,238
    Rep Power
    115702
    Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    Are we perpetuating Anglo slurs against the Danish people?
    Quote Originally Posted by RealCranky View Post
    And how did the Danes get in here? Are we splitting pastries??


    My husband works in the Netherlands a lot and once he asked them about "going Dutch". They had no idea what he was talking about. Maybe he should ask if Dutch people say "going Danish"

  10. #20
    Full Sponsor TapToTalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    30,420
    Rep Power
    529922
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockey View Post
    If I am paying for his entire meal then I expect him to put out.
    It better be a good restaurant and a movie, dammit!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •