Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wet Monday!

Wet Monday!

Good morning!
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

We had several lines of heavy storms go through yesterday evening and overnight. I never heard any thunder, but it sure did pour rain! And now it's cooler, which is excellent timing given my a/c pooping out.

So, today -

Call the a/c guy. See what transpires!
    Go out and pull some weeds, since the ground is good and saturated.

Vacuum. Maybe do some laundry if the sun comes out this afternoon.

dinner - pasta
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

I'm going to a canning demonstration tonight which is weird because I have zero interest in canning . Ds' last day of classes - exams start tomorrow - and he's having a hard time getting motivated to get ready . I'm going to get some exercise this morning and probably pull ivy through the fence. Our ivy is taking over our neighbour's walkway and while it looks cool it also makes us assholes

Today is supposed to be hairy weather wise. We have my niece's moving up ceremony later. Not sure what's for dinner yet.

It's looking pretty gray out there right now. I am probably going to make some get out the vote calls for John Ossof and Archie Parnell this afternoon.

When I'm driving, especially commuting, I like to drive as fast as safely possible. I don't feel that's unreasonable. This morning, I was behind a person who managed to completely tie up traffic all by himself. I mean, this guy was a "human traffic jam". Metaphorically speaking, he was an embolic particle in the artery of traffic!

Okay, I'm done.
    "Life is about dreams. Teaching is about making them come true."

It's BEN and Jerry, not GWEN and Jerry! Catamount's Avatar
    It's a wet Monday here, too. This is the day of calm in a whirlwind week. Friday was the last day of school, so every paper the kids got returned or pulled out of their lockers is in piles on the floor. We left Friday afternoon for a weekend of camping with a big group from church. Camping was fun, but none of my friends could make it this year, so it was a little bit of a letdown compared to year's past. We did have great weather, though. We got back last night, and have NOTHING on the agenda today other than trying to order the house a bit and do massive amounts of laundry. Tomorrow we have a summer solstice party in the afternoon, and at 6 AM on Wednesday, DH and I will be on a plane to New Orleans for five days without the kids. I can't believe the amount of packing and unpacking!
    "Correlation doesn't imply causation, but it does waggle its eyebrows suggestively and gesture furtively while mouthing 'look over there.'"

So I decided to go for a walk as I like to do and I went the opposite direction that I normally do. We have an extensive path system here in my neighbourhood and I was under the impression that I could follow it all the way east to the next big street. Apparently I was wrong. I followed a path that went badly early - someone had thrown down a wooden path that became a waterway but I plowed on. Then I lost the trail altogether and was experiencing an uncomfortable burning sensation on my upper thigh - something had gone up my shorts - so onwards I went - afraid to go back. It became glaringly apparent that that was the wrong call . I found myself standing in the midst of a patch of stinging nettles that were as tall as I am. I thought they were raspberries . My legs were on fire - cursing myself for wearing shorts which I pretty much never do - I grabbed a stick and pushed them aside and realized there was no going forwards or backwards - the river was now south of me and no way to get to it so I finally pushed through the nettles to a hill - I needed to get up - so I climbed up this massive hill and found a path at the top I popped out into suburbia and headed to Starbucks. By this point my legs were covered in horrible wheals - I looked like I had some type of pox

I had no idea what the protocol for stinging nettles was but I figured water couldn't hurt so I washed my legs in the bathroom and hopped on a bus - I needed to get home quickly. My legs felts better but apparently I missed my ankles . I got home and looked up the first aid - the water was the right call but apparently standing in the forest rubbing my legs frantically was not .

My legs feel fine but my the very bottom of my leg where it meets my right foot is still quite sore - I've showered and taken an antihistamine and hopefully it gets better soon or I won't be able to wear socks for awhile.

Oh no. Sorry Wog, that sounds awful

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Oh no, Wog!

I just bought a ton of furniture for me new office. Very excites