Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wet Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Oh no, Wog!

I just bought a ton of furniture for me new office. Very excites
    That IS exciting! So you found an office?

Apparently I can't read a calendar - my canning thing is next Monday

When I told dh where I went for my walk he said "Oh I never go there at this time of year - too many stinging nettles" . It's all good now - I still have red spots that represent where the blisters were but no other ill effects - my ankle is still visibly irritated but it doesn't burn any more . Those things are nasty - but apparently only temporarily so. I've never had a run in with them before and now that I know what they look/feel like I hope to never again

WOG!! Ouch!

Niece's moving up was very cute. Glad I went. Because I'm usually in school, I miss these things. After running all weekend and today though, I am planting myself on the couch and staying there!

Because I haven't been freaked out enough lately () - my next door neighbor had somebody try to break into her house this afternoon! She was upstairs with the baby, and their very small dog started to bark so she went down to tell her to be quiet, and someone was trying to get into the (locked) sliding glass door! He saw her and ran off. I'm stunned - this neighborhood has always been so safe! I'm sure it was someone looking for drug money, and he thought no one was home, but how scary!

I keep the front door locked all the time, but we're in and out the back door and don't have it locked all the time if we're home. I'm going to have to be really vigilent about that now. Sigh.

Otherwise, my new summer bedspread came, and looks really nice, and I've been to the library and CVS.
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

RC, that's awful!
    Wog, yep. I open in a few weeks

Exciting, Jen!

Sorry, WOG! I've had plenty of run-ins with nettles when I was a kid playing in the creek behind my grandma's house. I distinctly remember how unpleasant it is!

I had an eye appointment last Thursday. I need to reorder my contacts, so I thought I'd finally try ordering them online. After pricing them through 1800contacts, I was pretty surprised to see that I could still get them cheaper through my eye doctor by about $90. My prescription didn't change, so I didn't order new glasses, but I've needed to get the arms adjusted on my current glasses about 4 times because I keep stretching them out. When I'm wearing my glasses and need to look at my phone or read something close up, I have a bad habit of just dropping one arm off my head while the other is on my ear. Totally my fault. Anyway, I don't need new glasses, but I'd like a spare pair (or two) so I think I'll give Zenni a shot. I got my prescription, but there's a lot of confusing numbers on there!

My Happily Ever After. <3 lilone's Avatar
    Yuck WOG! I wonder if benadryl would help more?
    ~Vicki~

Moving right along....

Just ordered two pairs of glasses from Zenni. I hope I deciphered the Rx correctly.