Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Potluck Party WWYD

Melts in Your Mouth -- srsly! M&M's Avatar

A Potluck Party WWYD

You are visiting a close relative who lives in another state. While there, you are invited to accompany your relative to a party. It is a casual party to celebrate the 50th birthday of a mutual friend of the host and your relative, with about 30 guests attending the party. Your relative was asked by the host to bring homemade BLT dip to share potluck-style, along with BYOB and "anything else you want to bring."

While shopping for ingredients for the BLT dip, you see another type of store-bought dip that you really love. This dip is not available in the state where you live, and you know from past experience that the party host also happens to love this particular store-bought dip. So you pick up a container and take it to the party along with the BLT dip and a couple of bags of chips that you really like. When you arrive at the party you are greeted by the host, who takes the dips and chips from you, and directs you to place your beverages in a certain cooler.

Some time later, it is announced to the guests that the buffet of potluck foods is ready to be eaten. You go to get a plate. You see the BLT dip, along with several other dips that have been placed in nice glass bowls. You taste them all, and none of them are the store-bought dip you brought, and were looking forward to having. And the chips you brought are nowhere in sight.

The host has an intense, type-A, control-freak type of personality. She also has a history as a food hoarder of sorts. Your relative has been friends with the host for over 20 years. You have met the host perhaps a dozen times through the years, but are more acquaintances than friends. You realllllly want some of the dip you brought. What do you do?

Jumpin' Jack Flash-----------------------------------------------George Michael McKitty

You forget about it and buy the dip later for yourself.

I would have asked about it and said that I wanted some of the other dip I brought. Then I would have gone to the fridge to get it

Crunchy and a little nutty PB&J's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockey View Post
    I would have asked about it and said that I wanted some of the other dip I brought. Then I would have gone to the fridge to get it
    That's what I was going to say. Just go to the fridge and get it. lol That's weird that the host wouldn't put it out!

I wouldn't go into someone else's fridge unless I knew them really well. I put this in the category of when I bring some wine I like and the host doesn't get around to opening that bottle... oh, well.

That's because wine is gross

BLT dip is gross.

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    You forget about it and buy the dip later for yourself.
    Yeah this. After first being aggravated by it. But then a glass of wine would cure that pretty damn quick!

nolite te bastardes carborundorum stellarfeller's Avatar
    Nothing Maybe the host doesn't have enough room on the table for everything, and she's keeping some of the items back to replenish the bowls as needed.

Also, if I'm really hankering after those particular chips and dip, I'll just go back to the store later and buy some more!
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

I wouldn't say anything. I would just wait and go to the store and buy the dip for myself later. I would never go into someone else's fridge unless they were a relative or really close friend.