Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is your child(ren) hard to shop for?

Is your child(ren) hard to shop for?

My brother just messaged me asking for birthday ideas for my almost 16 year old and I replied that I didn't know because he's so hard to shop for. He told me that teenagers aren't supposed to be hard to shop for . Ds has ALWAYS been hard to shop for - I don't think he's once done a Christmas list or even a letter to Santa. One Christmas I took him to all the local toy stores with my camera and asked him to take pictures of things that struck his fancy.

We're buying him an experience since he's so hard to buy for. I thought of telling my brother to buy him handkerchiefs but that's a little weird so I won't

No, my kid has a lot of interests and is very social/likes to go out with friends.
    So entertainment money or gift cards are always appreciated
    We will be moving to the new forum on November 1st.
    Be sure to register.

http://webegtodiffer.boards.net/

Yes, mine was. We got her sports stuff when she needed it, and those were her major interests.

She was ridiculously social, but she and her friends didn't tend to do expensive stuff and they all worked and had money of their own. So we only gave gift cards to get her an expensive item of clothing and we wanted to make sure she got what she really wanted.

If we ever asked her for a gift list, she could rarely come up with anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of mine is and one isn't. Johnny is super easy to shop for. He has about a million interests and always has a list going. He even prioritizes his list. Even when I don't go off the list, he is easy. Matthew is super tough.
    SaveSave

nolite te bastardes carborundorum stellarfeller's Avatar
    Richard is hard to shop for, because he doesn't ask for much (and electronics etc. aren't on his radar). I bought him a computer desk for Christmas Also, given that he isn't always asking for stuff, when he does want something specific, we usually get it for him no matter what time of year it is. That said, he just asks for DVDs, Pizza Hut gift cards, etc
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

Yeah ds has a lot of interests - but he's still hard to shop for. Electronics aren't on his radar either. He has a laptop and no use for anything else really . It just makes it hard when people ask what to get him.

My son is hard to shop for. His only real interests are video games and other science-y stuff that catches his attention. Also, that may be fleeting. He'd be happy to get Steam gift cards, and that's it. I hate doing just that for Christmas, so I struggle. He doesn't even particularly like money.

My DD is easier to buy for. I don't attempt any clothes beyond pajamas and such, but she likes a lot of other girly stuff.

My now 19 year old was tough in the sense of actual things to u wrap, beyond camera, laptop and art supplies. even now, buying gift cards to specific places, or events was best.

One of my favorite gifts my sister got get was gift cards to all the local shops she could walk to. Basically a full day of downtown shopping, entertainment and snacks. She is a bit of a homebody, so the local mom and pop store cards were nice, because it got her out of the house and socializing!

My kids are hard to shop for only in that we have SO MANY toys and books already. They can always tell you more things they'd love to have, though.

My teenagers wanted money and electronics mostly, so that was easy.

Roxy is a funny duck to shop for because her interests are intense but waning. I've bought her Christmas things that she was nuts about in November but which she had zero interest in by December. She'll cycle through my little ponies, trolls, littlest pet shop, lalaloopsy, coloring, a few other things, then back through them all again. The easiest way to shop for her is to let her walk through a store and pick out what she wants. She takes her time but once she sees something that's it...I got my thing...c'mon...let's go!
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"