View Poll Results: How important is a nice lawn?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very important - Keep it weed free, mowed, and edges even

3 13.04%
  • Important - Deal with weeds, mow when it needs it

3 13.04%
  • Kind of important - Mow when it needs it

12 52.17%
  • Not a priority - Mow when things get out of control and/or my neighbours start to complain

0 0%
  • Mixed emotions - Want #1 but isn't a priority enough to actually do it

2 8.70%
  • I pay someone else to worry about it

1 4.35%
  • Obligatory other

2 8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How important is it to you to have a nice lawn?

How important is it to you to have a nice lawn?

Poll coming

I'm good with mowing as needed. My husband, otoh, is obsessive about it.

nolite te bastardes carborundorum stellarfeller's Avatar
    I mow as needed. I always have good intentions as regards weeds (especially dandelions), but usually find myself defeated by them
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

My dh and I like nice curb appeal. We don't have a great looking house (it's a blah 50s cape with no porch), but we try to keep the lawn decent, especially in front. Our next door neighbours are the opposite of that. So we're always fighting the encroachment of their weed seeds. Last year their lawn was 80% knee high dandelions that they let go to seed.

We hired a service this year to aerate, fertilize and treat for weeds. Our city banned the best weed killer (2,4D) for cosmetic use so they have to just use iron, which isn't as effective. We're not happy with our neighbours, but they're crappy on other levels so there's no point in saying anything. The couple on the other side of them have hired a service, too. I'm hoping they get the hint!

Our street is like a lot of streets, and runs the gamut of lawns - from totally neglected to beautiful with nice flower beds. Which one is yours? Do you think it's horrible for the environment? There's a bit of a debate going on in my city because of the weed killer ban, with people arguing that dandelions have rights, too.

More important to DW than to me. We don't have a big lawn so maintaining it is not a big deal. Watering restrictions during the drought were a challenge for her ;).

Our neighbors looked like they were starting a jungle. That was too much. They finally mowed this past weekend.

I try to keep my yard mowed so it looks decent. I'm not anal about it at all, in fact, if you saw it now you might think no one lived there. It's rained so much I can't keep up! But we're in the country so no one really cares except me. Dh used to be very particular about the yard and I feel bad that I've not kept that up but I can only do what I can do.
    Kim

There's a boy here in town says he'll love me forever
    Who would have thought forever could be severed by
    The sharp knife of a short life
    ~The Band Perry

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    Our neighbors looked like they were starting a jungle. That was too much. They finally mowed this past weekend.
    My husband just put a sign on our neighbor's door that says "please mow your lawn." That is after he saw the woman a few days ago and asked her if she had a lawn mower; when she said yes, he said, "use it."

I do have to admit. It's out of control. They haven't mowed it yet this spring.

kind of important.

But I don't mow or do any yard work. That's all on my husband- so I try not to mention anything or he will tell me to do it

I really hate my front lawn. I have more dandelions and weedy grass and I took down 3 large trees and cannot get grass to grow on the spots they were in, which is lovely to mow when it's been dry, you get hit with a lot of dirt.That being said, It looks pretty decent mowed, and I always keep up with that so my house always looks well kept. I get a huge sense of satisfaction when it's done!

Bees love dandelions. All grass is not natural. I don't see the need to put poison into the earth for the benefit of a lawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk