Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you do when you and spouse get snippy with one another?

I try to let it go, sometimes by reminding myself that I'm no angel to live with either. Sometimes, s snipe back. I'd say the same is true for him. Usually he let's it go, but sometimes he doesn't.

I try to hold my tongue and remember he is only here for weekends.

We mostly ignore it. It doesn't really happen very often.

If I get snippy it's usually because I am overwhelmed and need space. Even if I can just sit in the backyard with a coffee and not have to do another damn thing to make someone else happy for an hour, that's good enough.

If DH is snippy it's usually because he needs to take a pill. Literally. He takes an antidepressant since his brain injury, one about every 3 days, and I know immediately when he's at the end of that cycle so I will tell him to go take a chill pill. It works.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

When I get snippy, I usually tell him I'm in a mood, then go do something by myself to unwind. When he gets snippy with me, I usually let it pass & roll my eyes when he's not looking. If we are both snippy at the same time, we go to neutral corners & wait it out.

We don't really argue about many things, & we make a very conscious effort to not get mean because he had more than plenty of meanness at home while he was growing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a snip fit Wed night.

We we are raising our 2 oldest grandsons. Their Mom & step Dad pick them up 2 nights a week to take them to Cubs/Scouts. They didn't pick the boys up on Tuesday because they weren't feeling well so we took the younger boy to Cubs ourselves. On Wednesday they picked both boys up. DH went upstairs as soon as the kids left. Sometimes he just goes up there to watch Tv alone. I waited awhile & then went to see what he was doing. (I wanted to get out of the house to either go shopping or just do something together.). He was napping & said he was tired. I told him I would do something else then.

I went downstairs & started laundry & tidied the main floor. He came downstairs & seemed miffed that I was cleaning so he went out & mowed the grass & a bunch of outdoor chores. I told him he could nap if he wanted & he snipped back at me.

After about out half an hour I told him that I just wanted to get out of the house for awhile. (Sometimes I just want to get out especially if we don't have to take the boys. He's been retired for 5 years so he gets to go & do whatever he wants through the day without the boys & he just wants to stay put in the evenings).

We ended up going for a walk together & talked things out. When we got home, we sat outside with coffee until the boys came home.

Melts in Your Mouth -- srsly! M&M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tpatt100 View Post
    I get quiet then my wife won't let it go and has to keep pushing. Then when I snap at her she claims I am being a baby about things
    Hi. Are you my husband? I may be your wife! (as this is pretty much how it goes with our snippiness!)

Jumpin' Jack Flash-----------------------------------------------George Michael McKitty

We both clam up and don't talk until we're not mad anymore. Sometimes it's a couple hours, sometimes it's, uh, longer.

When I am upset, I need my space. He doesn't want to give it to me, most of the time. Then I get angrier, and he wants to know why I am pushing him away... then I cry, and he goes away for a little while, and we are all good again.
    This has been our habit for almost 26 years now. Sometimes, especially during the school year, I am just talked/touched out. I don't want to deal with anyone else needing something from me. He thinks that means something is wrong. He doesn't get that I just want to lie down in a quiet room and read whatever I want to read.