Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sick kid - would you say something?

Sick kid - would you say something?

We were at R's ballgame yesterday and one of his teammates asked my daughter to watch his kids while they played, she was happy to do so and the kids played well with Charlotte. About 1/2 hour into the game the little boy said he felt like he was going to vomit & K rushed him over to a garbage can and held his head while he was sick, she said he felt really clammy & feverish and as soon as his dad came off of the field she told him that J wasn't feeling well. He said "Oh I know, he threw up twice at home so maybe he has a flu or something"

Would you have said something to him about bringing his sick kid to the ball game and exposing people to his illness?

Oh that crap just pisses me off, same with people who go to work sick, and insist on coughing all over you, and touching every surface they possibly can, ugh stay home!

Yes I would say something and I would be pissed. Not only did he bring his sick kid to the game, he asked someone else's kid to watch him so now they're exposed to it too. And it was for a ball game, not brain surgery! Stay home!

nolite te bastardes carborundorum stellarfeller's Avatar
    I sure would, especially since the baby was exposed, and I hate to say it but she'll probably get sick now
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

I spoke up and asked him to please let us know if his kids are sick in the future, my husband didn't think I should have said anything. I wasn't rude about it but made it pretty clear that I don't want it to happen again, nobody needs to be exposed to a stomach bug and I'm going to be really pissed if the baby gets sick.

Premier Sponsor
    Unbelievable. We had a similar thing happen at a swim meet last year. My toddler was playing with a little boy about her age on the playground and I didn't think anything of it. His mom then comes up to me and says, "I hope you don't mind I told my little boy to play with your daughter. He has some mystery sickness, we've been to the doctor twice, I don't know what it is, but playing with her really seems to be helping distract him from it." I should have said something, but I just said, "Oh, well we were just leaving, I hope he feels better soon," and grabbed her and got out.

Let's take a trip to the stars Steffy's Avatar
    I absolutely would have said something, and I probably wouldn't have been very nice about it. A cold? Meh...slightly annoyed. Puking sickness? Hell no.

WHY do people do this?? Drives me insane. People send their sick kids to school all.the.time. Kindergartners will rat them out in a hot second. I have definitely said something to parents about not bringing their child back until they have been fever free for 24 hours, or not puking for 24 hours, etc. but they do what they want. I *personally* have only taken 1 sick day in the past 5 years, when I had pneumonia, but before my immune system built up, I got everything they brought in. The illnesses spread like wildfire through my room though.Keep your sick kids at HOME.

What a jerk. Not only for putting everyone at risk but for dragging his kid out when he's no doubt feeling like shit.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

Sick kid - would you say something?

I absolutely would say something, dh's opinion notwithstanding. He didn't just bring his sick kid to the game, he asked the mother of an infant to babysit him. Maybe he's just got clueless parent syndrome, but it's past time to get one, sounds like. Guys like that contribute to the 'dads are thoughtless morons' trope and it's not fair to other dads with common sense.

I doubt he had bad intentions, but he really needs to start thinking about this stuff or people will start avoiding those kids in case they have the plague. I don't see telling him as a bad thing at all - it's the village giving him a valuable heads up.