Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have Trump scandals become normal to you yet?

Have Trump scandals become normal to you yet?

So, I walk by the TV and CNN has a breaking news banner and, apparently, the New York Times got more dirt on Trump, and I didn't even flinch. I am at the point where I won't be shocked until the banner says: Breaking: No New Revelations on Trump from Washington Post or New York Times.

So, is White House scandal and chaos just becoming an accepted new norm for you, and are you fighting this feeling?
    If you are not willing to fall flat on your face, then the only thing you will have is a pretty face.

No. He seems to keep shooting himself in the foot in new ways that one can never imagine.

Wishes reality was like comic books tpatt100's Avatar
    I can't even keep track of it anymore. Trying to separate facts from speculation is difficult with the media fighting for our attention
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

Quote Originally Posted by tpatt100 View Post
    Trying to separate facts from speculation is difficult with the media fighting for our attention
    That's true, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    No. He seems to keep shooting himself in the foot in new ways that one can never imagine.
    Exactly. How I can I accept it as normal when it goes into new realms of crazy every day? Things seem to be blowing up today even more than usual. I can't even imagine what the future will bring.

I'll admit that I'm becoming immune to it. It's like his campaign - just when you think it will blow up in his face, it doesn't. And then the next scandal comes along, and rinse and repeat. It's exhausting. So I'm both tuning out and not surprised by it anymore.

If you bring the monkey, I'm leaving puppylove's Avatar
    On my 33 acres in Virginia! (Thank you Sars for the reminder) ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I'll admit that I'm becoming immune to it. It's like his campaign - just when you think it will blow up in his face, it doesn't. And then the next scandal comes along, and rinse and repeat. It's exhausting. So I'm both tuning out and not surprised by it anymore.
    This is me. It's become Charlie Brown's teacher to me now.
    -Donna- People first. Dogs second. Things last.

http://countdowntoasimplerlife.blogspot.com

It's exhausting

I understand that every news outlet wants the scoop and wants to break the news. But I wish they'd STFU and let the stories develop yet and then report on the ones that actually have some teeth, because I'm afraid that the real stories are going to actually be ignored because they are lost in all the noise. Like, don't report that someone named Deepthroat just contact you to let you know he has some info on the President. Wait until you have that info and have it at least somewhat vetted.

I'm actually enjoying the schadenfeude. Here's hoping no one takes away his access to Twitter!