Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toby Keith to Perform at Men-Only Concert in Saudi Arabia During Trumpís Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Mamapalooza View Post
    I'm not a fan of Toby Keith or Saudi Arabia so I don't really care, personally. It's not very different than the female delegation of the Swedish parliament donning head covering and subdued clothing when they went to Iran. If you want to kowtow to a group of oppressive, murderous fucks, don't come running home singing the praises of freedom and democracy. Sell your bullshit somewhere else.
    ITA

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Paroo View Post
    All I can think about is the fundamentalist Jewish parties in Israel and their objections to women singing in official functions
    Hah! And, my reaction was about all those self-righteous singers who boycott Israel and would still perform in these countries.

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    Hah! And, my reaction was about all those self-righteous singers who boycott Israel and would still perform in these countries.
    It's bigotry and nothing more. Western supremacy is at work here. Israel is seen as a Western society, and we tend to believe that Western societies are supposed to be more enlightened and secularized, so Israel is held to a higher standard than those "barbarians." Thus Israel gets boycotted and not those "hopelessly backwards" societies.
    If you are not willing to fall flat on your face, then the only thing you will have is a pretty face.

I like his music (Dh plays a country station a lot) but he's a moron.

If alcohol is banned, how is singing about drinking not also banned? If so, what will he be singing?

Because that's all he sings as far as I can tell. That and boot in your ass. This all sounds spectacularly ridiculous.

Men in Saudi Arabia like Toby Keith enough for him to hold a concert there?