Thread: Well, had the *bleep* scared out of me today.

Well, had the *bleep* scared out of me today.

Well, had the shit scared out of me today.

So, I am walking around the apartment complex smoking a cigarette when I saw these two huge pit bull like dogs wandering around loose. They weren't from this complex. Well, taking caution, I turn the corner and head the long way round. When I circle around I slowly walk from behind the building facing ours to see if the coast is clear.

It wasn't. The two dogs were chasing our cat Lily on our porch. I had no physical way to defend her. All I had was my voice and my lungs. I didn't know if it would be futile or not, but I decided to holler at the top of my lungs as loudly and as threatening as possible in hopes of scaring the dogs off.

It probably was a waste of my breath, but when you have no options, you try whatever. So, I began my hollering at the top of my voice. The I heard the one of the dogs yelping.

We could stop here and go all "post hoc..." and conclude that my plan worked perfectly. But that's not what happened. At this point I see Lily, all 8 pounds of her, chasing the dogs off. Apparently, she smacked the heck out of one or both of the dogs.

So, I disturbed the whole neighborhood with my hollering. All of them were understanding. But my throat is a bit soar now. The good news, however, is that my lungs still work. Next time, though, if I see strange dogs roaming around the complex, and need to run them off, I will just, in sing-song voice, call out: "Lily, Lily, Lilleeeeee!"
    If you are not willing to fall flat on your face, then the only thing you will have is a pretty face.

Yay, Lily!

Quote Originally Posted by Sprockey View Post
    Yay, Lily!
    I know, right? Amazing cat!
    If you are not willing to fall flat on your face, then the only thing you will have is a pretty face.

Sitting on the couch eating bon bons! Eli's Avatar
    Lily for the smackdown!

Nobody was more scared today than those dogs. My Petey (American Bulldog, big bruiser looking guy) used to live in fear of the cats. He just wanted to curl up with them like he did with my one laid back cat Jem, they were buddies and napped together.. But Jem's sister would have none of it nor would the three we got after the first two passed away. Poor Pete often had a bloody stripe on his nose and would hang his head while I said "Got too close, huh big fella?" and gave him some sympathy and on some occasions, a little first aid.

nolite te bastardes carborundorum stellarfeller's Avatar
    Lily's a badass!
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

Quote Originally Posted by stellarfeller View Post
    Lily's a badass!
    Totally. Last night while I was "singing" to her about how much I loved her I changed the lyrics from the usual "Lily, Lily, Lileee, such a sweet kitteeee" to "Lily, Lily, Lileee, such a kick ass kitteeee!"

Let's take a trip to the stars Steffy's Avatar
    Go Lily! My pitty is terrified of our cats. So much for being a vicious killer.

Wow! Good for Lily!