6 21.43%
  • I just flit around online

14 50.00%
  • Other (please explain)

1 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Print media is dead" (Poll)

I swore off physical media 3 years ago; books, newspapers, video, audio. If it doesn't come to my iPad, sucks for them.

I subscribe to the WSJ and WaPo - online only. I "borrow" my mom's NYT subscription, she gets print and doesn't use the free online that comes with it ;)

I made an exception for Commentary Magazine because getting online + print makes more sense economically than online only.

I used to do the magazine fund raisers, but, renewing was a pain and I learned how little the school actually makes. I'd rather write a check to the school for the fund directly.

Quote Originally Posted by purplekitty View Post
    Because I need something to read while I shit?
    You against taking an iPad into the bathroom?

Wishes reality was like comic books tpatt100's Avatar
    If you read on the toilet you are hanging out too long and eventually something else will hang out
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

I used to subscribe to the print editions of the Nation and the Christian Science Monitor. Monitor is no longer daily. It didn't bother me getting their paper a day late in the mail because they had a unique perspective. I dropped the Nation back around 2010, and never renwed again. I am more interested in what is going on back home than the local news in Savannah, and both New Orleans papers are free online, so I just use those sites. I don't subscribe to the Savannah Morning News, but I buy a copy a couple times a week. I pick up a copy of the New York Times occasionally, but don't subscribe.
    If you are not willing to fall flat on your face, then the only thing you will have is a pretty face.

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    You against taking an iPad into the bathroom?
    I try to never take electronics in the bathroom. I am a complete klutz. I have dropped my glasses in the toilet at least three times. I have dropped numerous other things in there as well. No way am I taking a 500-1500 item in there to possibly send in there. The only thing that goes in there with me is my Fitbit and I make a big production of closing the lid before I remove the Fitbit to get into the shower. When I had the wristband one, I actually got into the shower at least 10 times with it on.

I am not coordinated or responsible enough to be allowed electronics in the bathroom.

There are some specialty magazines where the ads are the most useful part!

I'd subscribe to Real Simple if it were cheaper, but it isn't. Ditto, Consumer Reports. OTOH, I read both of those at the library.
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

nolite te bastardes carborundorum stellarfeller's Avatar
    I get the Canadian Auto Club magazine in the mail a few times a year (comes with the membership). I also get an alumni magazine from one of the universities I attended.

We get the local newspaper twice a week for free; it's good for flyers. We used to get the Toronto Star for free, because my husband used to work there and got the paper literally hot off the press

The Economist magazine is running a subscription special for $12 for three months, print and digital. I'm thinking about getting it, but I'd have to remember to cancel it when the three months is up because the regular price is something like $50 or more (maybe $99? ) for three months, and that's too rich for my blood!

Edit: not $99 but $55; still too much!
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

I read one local publication online regularly and flit around online, my home page at work is msn.com so I also see some news items there when I sign on. I used to subscribe online to the Montreal Gazette which is our biggest location English publication but the sports writer has aggravated me on so many occasions that I cancelled. They call me every once in a while and ask me if I want to subscribe, I always ask them if they've fired Herb Z. and when they say no I tell them no thank you and have a nice day
    I've gone to find myself, if I get back before I return please keep me here.

Quote Originally Posted by TapToTalk View Post
    I made an exception for Commentary Magazine because getting online + print makes more sense economically than online only.
    :ypsi

I flit around online. My MIL got me a subscription to Birds & Blooms. That's the only thing that gets delivered.

Oh, wait! We also get the AARP magazine! It's surprisingly interesting.
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...