Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thundering Thursday!

Thundering Thursday!

Good morning!
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

My day seems unusually rich and full, and I always hate that!

So, this morning I need to wash the floors (waiting for dh to get out of the shower and then out the door), and then I need to run into the IGA on my way to school.

We're cleaning out the fridge and the freezer, which means I'm cooking a big pasta lunch for everyone, plus regular class stuff.

Then I have to run home and grab some stuff, and then catch the bus downtown and go to church, where I'm helping with a dinner for a different set of teenagers.

I need to wash towels this morning, too, and I'd like to hang them out, but it really is supposed to thunder at some point, and I'm unclear as to whether to believe the weather report that it won't happen until afternoon. Or not.
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

Most of my a cappella group went out last night for trivia. I brought Maeve, so I had a designated driver, so I had 3 happy hour margaritas! That's a lot of booze for me in one night! We were leading until the last round, when the highest point value questions came - we didn't know the answer to any of them and you got 3pts deleted for wrong answers so we left them blank.

We won a bunch of crap, though - 4 t-shirts and some beer cozies - for coming in 6th.

Sitting on the couch eating bon bons! Eli's Avatar
    Oh the heat! I love summer weather, but not until I am able to be in the pool. Heat exacerbates my Crohn's and I found myself in the faculty bathroom most of the day yesterday. So, I am home today, debating on whether or not to just have my surgeon pull me from work until surgery. I really just want to be on the other side of this.

I am also really disgusted with my school district. Stuff I may let out in H&C. I get they are a business, but can't help feeling they are going out of their way to make hoop after hoop for me to jump through.

The Omega Block that was over the Midwest was broken down and routed last night by an energetic and fast moving front that swept it away within just a handful of hours. Today dawned as bright, blue, and comfortable!

It's May 18, but I've noticed a marked lack of insects in this area. When it was 88 the other day, I was on balcony relaxing. Normally, by this time, there are flies and bees and gnats, etc. NOTHING. Today, when I stopped to pick up my coffee, I normally have to close my window until I reach the pickup area because the blooming bushes always have several bumblebees hovering over them. Again, NOTHING. Just seems weird to me considering how mild the winter was. We should be bustling with insect activity by now.
    "Life is about dreams. Teaching is about making them come true."

Thundering Thursday is right! We're in the darkest red blob on the map for possible large, long track tornadoes and extremely large hail this afternoon. Yay for spring in Oklahoma. It's so bad the local storm chaser guy who posts updates on Facebook says he's staying home with his family today. Blah.
    Kim

There's a boy here in town says he'll love me forever
    Who would have thought forever could be severed by
    The sharp knife of a short life
    ~The Band Perry

Stay safe Kim.

So far it's warm and sunny here. We supposed to have storms tonight too. Hoping to skip any destruction.

I have my man jongg group this afternoon. Tomorrow my cousin's driving in for the big lululemon warehouse sale Saturday. Hoping the weather behaves so we can enjoy some pool time.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbelina View Post
    Thundering Thursday is right! We're in the darkest red blob on the map for possible large, long track tornadoes and extremely large hail this afternoon. Yay for spring in Oklahoma.
    Yeah, you guys and the Texas Panhandle have gargantuan storms that are truly terrifying. I saw a show on the (1999?) Oklahoma City F5 tornado that had wind speeds of over 300 MPH. It was spinning so fast that, unlike most tornadoes that are wedge shaped or irregular in some manner, was a perfect cylinder, much like the empty paper towel tube that was stood on end.
    "Life is about dreams. Teaching is about making them come true."

It's so hot my eyelids are sweating. The temperature is going to drop 15C overnight so I'm expecting a big storm soon . I have so much housework to do but....sweaty eyelids

We managed to get by with no storms here thank goodness! There were several tornadoes in western and southwestern Oklahoma but none close to us. We still might get some storms tonight but the tornado risk is very low tonight.

Of course there are idiots griping on Facebook that nothing major happened after all the hype. Seriously? I'm thrilled that nothing major happened!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Kim

There's a boy here in town says he'll love me forever
    Who would have thought forever could be severed by
    The sharp knife of a short life
    ~The Band Perry