Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How long do you think Trump is going to last?

I don't think he's going to last the four years. With everything that is coming out, seemingly every other day or so, his presidency is going to eventually implode. The people who voted for him will not be able to save him. Members of the GOP are already starting to distance themselves and I think eventually they'll just want to get rid of him and get Pence in there so that they can actually do something. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened before the mid-term elections.

The only reasonable guesstimate I can safely provide is "Too long".

He has a history of abandoning things when they are failing, so maybe he'll just go. Wouldn't that be nice??

This is the first time since he announced his candidacy that I'm not sure what to think. From the beginning, I never bought in to the notion that he was un-nominatable, or un-electable. I fully believe this could happen. But now? He has such a huge ego, and seems incapable of both taking advice and seeing himself in any remotely self-aware way. So stats and polls and protests will likely just bounce off, or he'll attribute it to a vocal minority, even if it no longer is. But that seem ego would likely do everything possible to prevent actually being removed from office (via a successful impeachment), so if he sees the writing on the wall, I wouldn't be surprised by some sort of "health scare". (But is he capable of seeing the writing on the wall? Maybe if his daughter lays it out for him?)

Gah. I just don't know. And I'm terrified of Pence, too, as long as the Rs hold Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by justthinking View Post
    I don't see him physically surviving 8, or even 4. He's in lousy shape and isn't handling the stress well. I predict some sort of job-ending medical crisis.
    I think this is how it will end, he looks way less orange and a lot more pale and blotchy lately. His head is going to explode or something.
    I've gone to find myself, if I get back before I return please keep me here.