Thread: Window on Wednesday!

Window on Wednesday!

Good morning!
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

It's looking pretty good outside my window! This will be a hot day, but then we'll slide back down to more spring-like temperatures.

As soon as dh gets out of the shower, I'll start a load of laundry, and hang it outside before I leave for school. Today's excitement at school - a visit from the health inspector! We're been madly cleaning out the fridge, and clearing cardboard boxes out of the bathroom.

Then I'm going to walk over to the ReStore, and then buy another paper recycling bin, and then dh is going to come home so we can go to Sam's Club, because we have to take stuff for a dinner for teenagers at church tomorrow, and tonight dh has to go to the dinner than he thought was last week, but wasn't. So, a rich, full, and warm day!

dinner - probably scrambled eggs
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!

We're having the same kind of weather, RC.

I typically ignore calls to my phone if I don't recognize the number, but I do check voicemails (thank you, technology, for giving me visual voice mail!) I got a call yesterday from an old friend who I worked with at my last job - we lost touch. But she Googled me and found my phone number (associated with my voting record....how do I stop that kind of stuff from being googleable?) and we had a long, phone-battery draining conversation yesterday, which was delightful.

It's BEN and Jerry, not GWEN and Jerry! Catamount's Avatar
    It's hot and nice here, too. One of my DDs is in a show choir and this is tech week, so I'll be spending the week in the car. Between me and the two kids, we have seven concerts in the next five days, along with associated dress rehearsals. I'm going to try to get in a work out this morning before going to a meeting, because that will decrease the chances that I'll say what I really think at this meeting but so far I'm still in bed with my laptop. Gravity is strong today...
    "Correlation doesn't imply causation, but it does waggle its eyebrows suggestively and gesture furtively while mouthing 'look over there.'"

Window on Wednesday!

Cooler and sort of rainy here today, which okay with me - we have new plantings and grass seeds to get going. It's warm enough, but not hot.

I have a day off today. Waiting now for the garage door company to come look at our sometimes-functioning down feature. So exciting! I'm heading out to wait, might as well do some organizing in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stink hot here today - 30C . I went to the funeral of my coworker's father today. When the deceased was 12 years old he was put on a train in Belgium along with his 5 siblings and his parents that was headed to Auschwitz. Some people stopped the train - I think before it left Brussels and were taking children off. He and his two younger brothers were taken of the train and sent to an orphanage. His parents, sisters, and older brother were sent on to Auschwitz. At 12 years old he became the head of his household. He refused to let his brothers be adopted away from him and after the war the three boys were sponsored by Jewish families in Montreal and brought to Canada. Sort of makes me put my own stuff in perspective YKWIM?

It was a lovely service.

Did I mention how hot it is?

OMG, the stock market today!
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!

Apparently it took a big tumble here today as well

Hot and sticky here this morning, then we had a couple bouts of severe weather move through the area. The weather guy just came on the air and said another round of severe storms are moving up from Iowa. Thanks, Iowa! We lost power overnight Monday so I had to reset my alarm yesterday, and we lost power again today. I think I'll just set the alarm on my phone tonight.