Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday! All Day!

Monday! All Day!

Good morning!
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

Good morning.

I hope everyone had a nice mother's day. Mine was pretty good, my sweet husband made an amazing breakfast for us, I sat down and read, the day ended up being gorgeous even though rain had been predicted all day, and we spent the evening with my sister, BIL, niece and nephew, puzzling and listening to music.

It's a beautiful sunny morning, a little cool, but it should be a nice day. I've turned off the furnace *again*.

Every year I remind my Loved Ones that what I want for Mother's Day is baskets of red geraniums to hang on the porch for the summer. And that they shouldn't get distracted, because yes, I really do just want those geraniums! Finally, they stuck to the program, but it turns out that Sarah does not know the difference between geraniums and petunias, because I got two baskets of geraniums, and one of red petunias. She insists that she got it off a rack labeled "geraniums", so its not her fault.

Anyway, we puttered around in the yard most of yesterday afternoon, and it does look pretty good. We did not power wash the deck, though, and I reminded dh that the deck has to be done by the time I have book club here next month.

Meanwhile, today we have an in-service at school. The good news is that we don't start until 9, and there will be sandwiches. The bad news is that it will be boring and we'll be there all day on a day when I usually leave after lunch. I'll get a lot of knitting done, though, and I am hopeful that eventually we will get around to talking about some stuff that *I* think needs to be discussed. (I have only taught at this school for 15 years now, but am still accused of being "too traditional/public school" when I bring up some things...)

I have laundry in progress, and will hang it outside on the new clothesline! I can tell that the old clothesline had really settled down over it's 20 years of service, because this one is just about at the limits of where I can reach. Also, I need to vacuum.

I think I'll make some chicken noodle soup for dinner...
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

So, it is now meteorological spring here in Chicago. Eighties all week, and the environmental guy was just here to switch our system over from "heating mode" to "air-conditioning mode". We were outside the Omega Block all of last week, so we were on the cold side of things. Now, we are firmly inside the Omega Block and will have downright hot temperatures until the setup falls apart.

The High Pressure Ridge buckles the jet stream and causes the pattern you see. This is the kind of setup that is hell on earth for the midwest in July or August.
    "Life is about dreams. Teaching is about making them come true."

Got a call from the hatchery and our chicks are expected to arrive at the post office on Wednesday morning!

Had the pest control guy here for his annual visit this morning. Right now the AC guy is here (again...) dealing with the new unit that's not working as it should. And in a couple hours we have someone coming to do Clara's homeschool portfolio evaluation.

It is rare for me to have people at my house at all. This day is overwhelming.

Sitting on the couch eating bon bons! Eli's Avatar
    At the dentist getting a filling repaired. Cool and breezy here today, but it's supposed to reach almost 90 by Thursday. Not sure what is for dinner. I've had a headache all day though so probably eating light.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Chalmers View Post
    Got a call from the hatchery and our chicks are expected to arrive at the post office on Wednesday morning!
    I was going to make a joke in yesterday's thread about getting chicks in the mail - but I didn't know they actually came that way

Work is work. I've done an incredible amount of work by myself to get this new system running next week (it was my idea so I did the work) and I sent an email out to my coworkers and asked them to go over the documentation and make sure everything looks good and one of them (who never liked the idea) all of a sudden proposes something differently. She apparently couldn't do this before I did all this work . So I told her she could propose it and I scheduled a meeting with our new boss on Wednesday. And she won't say boo in front of him so it should be interesting .

I didn't sleep well and have felt crappy all day. blech

I'm also getting a bit irritated at my mom's bank in Kansas. Our family (and now my sibs and I)actually has owned part of this bank since it's inception in 1890. My great uncle was the president from 1950-1980 and my mother's 2nd cousin is still the president. They have all of our survivor information and I just had to resubmit it all again to claim the last CDs she had there. Hoping the third times a charm.
    I guess I should be happy for their good security? Dunno

Wishes reality was like comic books tpatt100's Avatar
    Tried licking a Nintendo Switch cartridge. That protective flavoring for kids really lingers in the mouth
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers