Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Garbage can debate

Garbage can debate

Do you think it's rude if someone is uses your garbage can to dispose of their *doggy bag* as they are walking their dog down your street?

Would it make a difference if the can was near your house or at the end of the driveway on pick up day?

It would absolutely make a difference. If it's the evening before/ morning of pick-up - have at it. Put it in my cans which are already by the curb. Otherwise, pick that shit up and dispose of it at your house.

I read the thread title with "garbage" as the subject and "can debate" as the verb. I came in expecting to read about how someone got into an argument with their trash.

Anyway, though, I would be like "meh, whatever" if the can were at the curb waiting for pickup. If someone walked up my driveway so they could put it in my garbage can, I would think they were incredibly weird, because...why would you do that? I wouldn't be upset, exactly (I mean, it's a garbage can; it already smells nasty). I'd just be weirded out.

nolite te bastardes carborundorum stellarfeller's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    It would absolutely make a difference. If it's the evening before/ morning of pick-up - have at it. Put it in my cans which are already by the curb. Otherwise, pick that shit up and dispose of it at your house.
    This exactly. I'd rather they put it in my garbage bin than leave it on my lawn! Of course, we keep our bins locked in the garage when it's not garbage day, so I'd find it a bit odd if someone were trying to get into my garage
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

People do it all the time when ours are out for garbage day. I have no problem with that.

I live on a busy road, lots of traffic, considering I end up with fast food cups, and other crap on my lawn, bagged dog shit actually in my garbage barrel would be awesome!

Out on the curb? I don't think I'd do it, but it wouldn't bother me if someone used my bin. Up by my house so that they have to enter my property? Not okay.

I am not sure how I feel about this, so, I will just kick the can further down the road.
    If you are not willing to fall flat on your face, then the only thing you will have is a pretty face.

If my can were at the curb, that would be just fine. However, my trash cans are in a sort of an alcove formed by three large variegated euonymus shrubs that pretty much obscure them from the street. If you were to walk to where my trashcan is, your eyes would be just at or below the window ledge of a large picture window, looking into our breakfast nook and my kitchen from our driveway. To find dogshit in my can would startle me and make me feel uncomfortable in my space for a while, considering I spend most of my time in the kitchen, breakfast nook, and keeping room just off of the kitchen (It is basically all one space.)

Other than that creepy factor, my trashcan frequently has small bags of catbox scoopings in it. Chances are I wouldn't notice a spare poop bag unless it was an unusually colored bag.

Premier Sponsor
    I guess in theory I don't have a problem with it. But you better make sure the trash hasn't been picked up for the day yet, and that you have sealed that bag up well!