Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Garbage can debate

Quote Originally Posted by kendriln View Post
    Oh my! Yes... anyone is welcome to come into my yard to extinguish a flaming squirrel.

Oh my gosh, I just burst out laughing

When we walk our dog we pick the poop up in a baggie and then bring it in the house and flush it.

That way we don't have bags of poop to deal with.

We don't have garbage pickup. We take our garbage to the transfer station, so there are no garbage cans to dispose poop into.

However, my husband does have cans he puts on the curb with yard waste like grass clippings that the city picks up every week, and we did have a neighbor dispose of some of his garbage in it once. That didn't go over well and let's just say it hasn't happened again since.

The Flaming Squirrel story was really funny.

nolite te bastardes carborundorum stellarfeller's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockey View Post
    Oh my gosh, I just burst out laughing

When we walk our dog we pick the poop up in a baggie and then bring it in the house and flush it.

That way we don't have bags of poop to deal with.
    Flushable baggies? That's handy!
    Mornings are for coffee and contemplation
    -
    Chief Hopper, Stranger Things

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    I don't mind if people toss it in my bin when it's at the end of the street on pick up day, we have bins with wheels that get dumped by an arm on a truck so everything gets dumped and I'm just happy it's not on my lawn. I would be bothered if someone walked down my driveway and put it in the bin beside my house, the bins are right under the kitchen window and if I was standing there at the time I would definitely be startled and the dog would lose his little mind.

This was being debated on one of my local FB groups and I was really surprised at how many people were at either extreme - some said it's incredibly rude to ever touch someone else's bin and others said it's perfectly fine to walk up the driveway because everyone knows that garbage bins are pretty much public property anyway.

ETA: I was trying to think of when it would be acceptable to go onto someone's property and the only example I could think of that I've done is once when I saw a squirrel chew through a hydro wire and burst into flame, he got fried and when he hit the ground he started a grass fire that was quickly spreading towards their house. I grabbed the hose and stood by the house spraying it until the fire trucks arrived, it spread in the other direction really fast
    Not in the same vein as flaming squirrels but I was out for a walk a few weeks ago and saw this guy walking his dog that he could not control at all. The dog was just on a regular leash (not one of those extendable ones) so as the dog walked all the way up on people's lawns the guy followed - it struck me as really rude to let your dog go ALL the way up to someone's house - but anyways - they're working their way back down the yard - they're about midway between street and house and the dog squats right at the edge of the driveway to take a shit - just as the home owners pull in .

If it had been me I probably would have told him off

My Dh was outside last week when he heard yelling outside our front yard hedge. A four lane road runs along side our house. He figured out it was a driver stopping to tell off a dog walker who was letting his dog crap beside our hedge on the sidewalk side.

We thought that was right neighbourly of the driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a really old man that walks his really old dog off leash on my street and the dog wanders all over people's lawns, I busted him letting the dog poop on my lawn once and I marched outside with a bag and asked him to come back and pick it up. It took the old guy 4 tries and he almost fell on the dog twice, I felt horrible and have decided that it's a miracle that they are both outside walking daily so I'll look the other way and pick up the mess later
    I've gone to find myself, if I get back before I return please keep me here.