Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: No makeup, no problem

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Chronically sleep deprived RN_mom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andee View Post
    I wear foundation every day to even out my skin tone. I always wear eye makeup because my eyes are one of the few things that I have going for me. lol I like to enhance them. The only time I don't put on makeup is if I know for a fact that I am not going anywhere. I look haggard without it and someone always feels the need to say, "oh you look tired today" or "are you sick" if I am not wearing makeup.
    That. The last part especially.

I've gotten more into makeup. I used to go without often in my twenties and early 30s, but now I feel like I look awful without it. My skin tone is splotchy. My eyes look small and squinty without makeup.

And like Andee said, if I don't wear it people tell me I look tired or ask if I'm sick.

When I started a job in my early 20s, the woman who started with me (maybe 8 or so years my senior) suggested that I should wear makeup every day. Her reasoning was that if I wanted to leave work early one day, I just come in not wearing makeup, so everyone will tell me I look sick and should go home.

Chronically sleep deprived RN_mom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maurinsky View Post
    When I started a job in my early 20s, the woman who started with me (maybe 8 or so years my senior) suggested that I should wear makeup every day. Her reasoning was that if I wanted to leave work early one day, I just come in not wearing makeup, so everyone will tell me I look sick and should go home.
    That's brilliant!! I guess that's why everyone believes me when I'm sick or going through a rough patch, because I don't typically wear any or much makeup then.

Melts in Your Mouth -- srsly! M&M's Avatar
    Yes, I still feel the need to wear makeup every day (except for on the weekends but only if I am not going out).
    I will run quick errands on the weekends without makeup, but if I am doing something social or professional then I will wear makeup.

George Michael McKitty

Quote Originally Posted by M&M View Post
    Yes, I still feel the need to wear makeup every day (except for on the weekends but only if I am not going out).
    I will run quick errands on the weekends without makeup, but if I am doing something social or professional then I will wear makeup.

This sounds familiar....

Melts in Your Mouth -- srsly! M&M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockey View Post
    This sounds familiar....
    But I would never walk my dog without makeup! (only because we don't own a dog... LOL)

George Michael McKitty