Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No makeup, no problem

Quote Originally Posted by Sprockey View Post
    Yes, I still feel the need to wear makeup every day (except for on the weekends but only if I am not going out).
    I will run to the store without makeup, or take the dog for a walk. But if I am doing something social or professional then I will wear makeup.
    This is me exactly. Except I rarely do anything social or professional on the weekends, so it's pretty much a weekday thing for me. I stopped wearing daily makeup for about 6 years, when my last baby was born (because I was just too lazy to bother, and then it became a habit). I started again 4 years ago when I returned to work.

Some mornings I will be driving to work and panic because I think I forgot to put mascara on. Then I glance in the mirror or feel my lashes and realize that I did. Whew! Sometimes I panic and think I forgot to brush my teeth too.

Adulting is hard.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

I seldom wore makeup for most of my life. I put it on for special occasions but I never used foundation. I've started using it occasionally now. I still forget to put it on more often than not or run out of time but I enjoy putting makeup on & experimenting with different looks. I've been blessed with good skin, few blemishes or discolouration or wrinkles. (Maybe I'm in denial & my poor eyesight is helping me to not see them)

I have aver noticed that I look tired more often now than I used to but that might be a combination of my age (56), working full-time & raising 2 of my grandkids.

I get some redness and blotchiness in my skin, especially in the winter. I'll run to the shop or to the gym with a bare face but anywhere else is getting makeup in winter, and at least some Bb cream in summer.

It's BEN and Jerry, not GWEN and Jerry! Catamount's Avatar
    I don't own any makeup.
    "Correlation doesn't imply causation, but it does waggle its eyebrows suggestively and gesture furtively while mouthing 'look over there.'"

I feel more put together at work when I wear make up, but I never wear it at home or on the weekends unless we are going somewhere fancy. I do moisturize every day and wash my face 2x a day.

3 guesses, and they had all better be "no".

However, I do wear a little eye makeup on school days, which I started doing when I went back to work and was trying to figure how to look more like a teacher. I turns out I'm pretty naturally bossy, but the mascara on weekdays turned into a habit.

Sometimes I forget, and I doubt anyone notices.
    nesha ;-)

Down with the Tsar!
    Time to storm the Winter Palace...

I wear it to work if I'm in the office. I don't if I'm on a startup in a hot, dirty factory. I also wear it when going out to dinner or a party. I don't wear it on weekends. I hate the feel of it and it's the first thing I do when I get home---taking it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mascara is the bane of my existence. I have naturally long, dark eyelashes, but they look amazing with mascara. But, I have awful allergies and I end up rubbing my eyes a lot. So, I am lucky I only leave the house like three days a week. I carry eye makeup wipes with me in case I am out and rub my eyes without thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
    I seldom wore makeup for most of my life. I put it on for special occasions but I never used foundation. I've started using it occasionally now. I still forget to put it on more often than not or run out of time but I enjoy putting makeup on & experimenting with different looks. I've been blessed with good skin, few blemishes or discolouration or wrinkles. (Maybe I'm in denial & my poor eyesight is helping me to not see them)

I have aver noticed that I look tired more often now than I used to but that might be a combination of my age (56), working full-time & raising 2 of my grandkids.
    I can't see shit close up without my glasses, so putting on makeup is super fun. I have to take my glasses off to put my eyeliner on, then put on my glasses and see how fucky it looks and what I need to do to fix it.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

Nope. I wore it as a teenager and never really mastered it .