Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First time you told your SO you loved them

First time you told your SO you loved them

S/O of nam's thread. Anyone have a good story about the first I love you? (Either your current SO, or a different one ) How long in to the relationship was it? What was the reaction? Who said it first?

I know this sounds bad...but I really don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by coachgrrl View Post
    I know this sounds bad...but I really don't remember.
    That's terrible. Me, nether.

Dh told me first. I can't remember how long we'd been dating at that point, but we were making out in his bedroom on his bed when he told me. I didn't say it back because I didn't believe him. I thought he just trying to get laid. I think it probably took another month or so for me to say it back (and another month after that before he finally got laid ).

When we were 4 I said it first, after I won our green army man war. I remember saying it, and I remember him saying OK, and asking if I wanted to go outside to ride our bikes! My memories run together but this was around the time I told my sister were were going to get married, and at that time I did not know it would take 28 years and a boatload of baggage!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaena View Post
    When we were 4 I said it first, after I won our green army man war. I remember saying it, and I remember him saying OK, and asking if I wanted to go outside to ride our bikes! My memories run together but this was around the time I told my sister were were going to get married, and at that time I did not know it would take 28 years and a boatload of baggage!
    I love this

We'd been dating about a month and there was a bunch of us going out that night - he was going to the library to study and was going to be joining us later but he came home first and he told me he loved me and I totally panicked . I'd never said it before and I didn't want to throw it about willy-nilly. When he met me later at the bar I told him which was good because it was pretty obvious I left him hanging .

I said it to dh first. We were on the phone and I just said it without thinking. Luckily he said it back and it was all good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Kim

There's a boy here in town says he'll love me forever
    Who would have thought forever could be severed by
    The sharp knife of a short life
    ~The Band Perry

We were hanging out at his parent's house while they were out of town. I said it first, but he responded right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember. It was during sex right after I did my Southern Baptist preachers impersonation. Really weird scene.
    If you are not willing to fall flat on your face, then the only thing you will have is a pretty face.

Chronically sleep deprived RN_mom's Avatar
    I said it first, kind of by accident. I don't know how long we had been together. Had to have been at least a month. I was falling asleep and said "goodnight I love you" while half asleep and then thought "shit I can't take that back!" I meant it but I didn't think we were there yet. He didn't say anything.

He finally told me a week or so later during sex.