Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phone priveleges

Phone priveleges

Do you answer your significant other's phone? Do you have "free access" to her/his social media accounts?

I do, but don't care. When dh's phone rings, he has assigned distinctive ringtones to people and I know who is calling most of the time. If he isn't within hearing distance, I just tell him "your brother called" or whatever. I really dislike to answer his cellphone, considering the person on the other end isn't calling with any purposeful intent to speak with me.

(This debate inspired by a situation regarding my older dd, who found herself blocked by a good male friend this weekend. His jealous girlfriend went into all of his social media accounts and cleaned house.)

Given that he gets a lot of work calls, some of which can be pretty time sensitive, if he's not around I will answer his cell phones, or at least check to see who it is and the answer or not depending. If it the duty office calling on his work cell and he's just upstairs or something, I will answer. (Yes, he has two cell phones. Work issued him a separate phone and for security purposes it can't have any outside apps, so he also has a personal cell phone. And yes, I give him an endless ration of shit about how douche-y it looks to carry 2 identical iphones. ).

I know the handful of passwords DH generally uses, and he stays logged in on his computer, so I could easily check things if I wanted to. I wouldn't say that I have free access though, as if I was poking around those things without reason, it would seem like a violation of trust.

We're also in the "yes but we don't care" camp. We don't usually answer each other's phones unless the other person has said "hey I'm expecting this call; please answer it if I can't get to it."

DH is not on any social media. He could access my social media accounts if he wanted to, but he has no desire. I tell him everything interesting anyway.

I don't answer *my* phone unless I know who it is and I want to talk, no way am I answering his!

Quote Originally Posted by mmeblue View Post
    DH is not on any social media. He could access my social media accounts if he wanted to, but he has no desire. I tell him everything interesting anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have access to his everything, because neither of us care- and because he is usually away from me, he will sometimes tell me to log in on Facebook as him, so I can read an amusing or informative thread from one of his friends or workplace groups. Years ago I had to "force" him to get on the internet lol, so originally I was the one who set up all his accounts and passwords!

On the flip side he does not have access to mine, only because he truly does not care.

As far as phone calls go, I might answer them, because if it's not a friend it is usually time sensitive business.

I would love to be wrong. Yogagirl's Avatar
    I set up all his accounts so yes I know his passwords. He would love it if I answered his phone for him and I will if its one of the kids. If its his mom I just say "oops looks like you have a missed call from mom"

He is clueless about my passwords and accounts and he will answer my phone. It pisses me off because he just says, "she's right here" and hands me the phone. He should know I can only talk to sister #1 if I have a drink in my hand and sister#2 if I'm driving so I can say I'm getting out of range. Sheesh!

We have access to each others phones. We don't answer each others phone unless we were told there's an important call coming in. We basically see each other's FB account given we have the same friends.

We pretty much stay logged in all the time so if I wanted to see her stuff, I could.

I know her passwords, she forgets hers frequently.

She knows not to answer the burner phones. She doesn't want any more visits from Los Pollos Hermanos.

Wishes reality was like comic books tpatt100's Avatar
    We don't answer each other's phones. My wife knows my main password and we have a shared vault in 1Password for everything we need to share.

If I dropped dead she knows the password to get to everything else if needed
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

A) I don't have a phone. B) He doesn't have social media I do have access to his phone and all of his email - he will occasionally ask me to send an email on his behalf or sometimes I need to for business perhaps - I usually ask if it's okay if I go into his email (especially at Christmas/birthday) but he doesn't care. I pay all his bills so I open a lot of the mail that comes addressed to him. When he goes on vacation without me he leaves me his phone (it's his business phone) so I can answer it while he's away.

He doesn't have the same kind of access to my stuff because he's not interested. If he picked up my computer he could scroll through any of my stuff because it's not password protected - but he doesn't and wouldn't.

I don't even answer my own cellphone. I am not answering his.