Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Offices in a by the hour facility

No groundhogs; just prairie dogs RobinAnn's Avatar
    When we vacationed in NYC, I swear the studio we rented was a psychologist's office in Wednesday's. the apt was generally not available mid-week and one wall was full of scholarly books.
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Would you go to a therapist in one of those spaces?
    As long as it was a quiet, private room. Why not?

If I knew the individual was a certified professional, and the office was located in a safe and clean part of town I'd have no qualms meeting a therapist in an office of that sort.

Would you go to a therapist in one of those spaces?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely. I looked at the photos from the Office Place link above, and they look very professional, unless there's something the photos aren't showing.

My therapist was in an old house in a business district. It was mildly annoying that there was no receptionist or anything. I pressed a button when I arrived, which I assume lit a light in her room, maybe? There were an handful of other therapists in the building, and in fact she didn't always see me in the same room.

This sounds nicer than that, actually, due to having a receptionist, and I had no issues with that.

Ah maybe that's the disconnect. Many therapists here are in old houses.

It just seems a bit start up tech company (TTT) to me and I didn't know how people would view it.
    Now to see if I can actually afford something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wishes reality was like comic books tpatt100's Avatar
    I've seen therapists that work out of their home, sometimes parking can be a PITA if their home is in downtown Ann Arbor.
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

I wonder if having a receptionist would make some people *less* comfortable. It wouldn't have for me. But if someone is feeling uncomfortable with teh idea of therapy, maybe a receptionist would feel like a witness. Do most of those old houses have any kind of receptionist? As I said, mine didn't, but when I saw a psychologist, I *think* that her old house office did have a reception desk, IIRC.

Offices in a by the hour facility

I have a receptionist where I am now in a group but most solo practices don't.

A lot of professionals have moved into reno'd or converted old houses that border our downtown core. It's a bit of a prestige thing, because that real estate comes at a premium. I don't think any less of them at all, and the upshot is those buildings tend to have more character than the modern meh-y offices. It's cool to see old wood and whatnot still in use (as long as they aren't shitty old where they smell like mold or have ceiling stains).

I've been to professionals who have an office within their home, which is cool too when it's done right. Plus, tax write-offs!
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

It just seems a bit start up tech company (TTT) to me and I didn't know how people would view it.
    The Regus homepage is exactly what the shared space looks like where we just moved. Perhaps, because it is a Regus office? It's their new Spaces concept. There are non-tech companies here.... too open for therapy.