Thread: The Dark Tower trailer

Wishes reality was like comic books tpatt100's Avatar

The Dark Tower trailer

I don't have much faith in this being any good, the release date has changed a few times and I haven't really seen much marketing for it. King said this is a sequel to the book since Roland has the Horn of Eld this time so it's his final (?) journey to the Dark Tower. I am going to read the books again before this comes out.

Also after watching Westworld on HBO and with Game of Thrones ending HBO should have bought the rights to this and made it a TV series. Each book is one season easy. I know there is a TV series coming that continues this story but that seems like it cant even find a distributor yet.

Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

I finished The Gunslinger last night, and I'm guessing this is a different part of the series, based on the scenes in the trailer that don't look like the desert.

Unrelentingly Oppositional Andrea's Avatar
    It looks terrible. Very disappointed.

"When politics becomes a religion, then simple disagreements become apostasies, heresies. And you know what we do with heretics." -- Peggy Noonan

Quote Originally Posted by maurinsky View Post
    I finished The Gunslinger last night, and I'm guessing this is a different part of the series, based on the scenes in the trailer that don't look like the desert.
    Stephen King said this is a sequel to the entire Dark Tower series. Not sure if you read the entire series but with how it ended and this starts, it makes sense.
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

It looks good to me but I don't have expectations about them sticking with everything King wrote the way he wrote it. Whenever he's too closely involved with the adaptation the general public audience usually think it sucks. I'd like it to be a success so I can see the other stories.

This would have been awesome on HBO.......

Ann Landers