Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DaddyOFive parents lose custody 'over YouTube pranks'

Wishes reality was like comic books tpatt100's Avatar

DaddyOFive parents lose custody 'over YouTube pranks'

Holy hell.... I saw this over on Reddit and tried to watch a few videos but did not make it very far at all. Then step parents record fights between the kids and record it. The younger ones are always crying, the youngest has multiple bruises but the parents say they know about the pranks. The oldest brother is a bullying piece of shit and the dad doesn't seem to like the youngest. The kids get hurt and there is no sign of either parent trying to comfort the kid, the keep filming.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39783670

A father and stepmother in the US have lost custody of two of their five children after playing pranks on them in a series of YouTube videos.The pranks included one in which their youngest son was told he had been adopted by another family.
    Mike and Heather Martin, of Maryland, denied the videos were abusive and claimed they were fake.
    Custody of two of the children has now been returned to their biological mother.
    "Emma and Cody are with me, I have emergency custody - they're doing good," said Rose Hall who revealed the news in a YouTube video with her lawyer Tim Conlon.
    "They're getting back to their playful selves."
    She added that it had been "very heartbreaking and disturbing to see my kids be abused".
    Tim Conlon told the BBC: "We're so excited that the children are now safe and with the mom."
    A lawyer for the Martins declined to discuss details of the case.
    "All information will be presented to the court at the appropriate time," she said.
    In one controversial video, the pair poured ink onto their youngest son Cody's bedroom floor before swearing at him and blaming him for the mess.Cody was then shown crying hysterically.
    The pranks also included smashing Cody's Xbox with a hammer.
    'Videos were fake'

The videos have since been deleted, though one - an apology message posted on 22 April - remains.
    Some YouTubers had expressed concern about the Martins' videos and had questioned whether the pranks might constitute abuse.
    Mr and Mrs Martin appeared on Good Morning America on 28 April and revealed that police had launched a child abuse investigation.
    "We did do pranks, but most of the time the kids knew about them and they were planned," Mrs Martin told the US television show, adding that some of the content was real, but some was acted.
    In a tweet on 20 April, Mr Martin described the videos as "fake".
    Another comment, posted two days earlier, contained an apology and a statement: "We DO NOT condone child abuse in any way, shape, or form."
    Previously, Mr and Mrs Martin had been investigated by Child Protective Services but were "cleared" at the time, according to another tweet.
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

I read about them last week. I couldn't watch any of the videos and didn't read anything about physical abuse.

But these two are a POS for subjecting their kids to such cruelty in the guise of a "prank".

They don"t deserve their kids

WTF is wrong with people?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The biological mother has mental issues, the other biological father filed for custody. I think these kids are screwed anyways because it doesn't seem to be very much stability anyways
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

I can't watch the videos, although I'm not clear why only two of the kids were removed. These people don't sound fit to be responsible for dogs, never mind kids.
    "Wherever in the world much poverty is found, much religion is found also"

Quote Originally Posted by Mamapalooza View Post
    I can't watch the videos, although I'm not clear why only two of the kids were removed. These people don't sound fit to be responsible for dogs, never mind kids.
    The biological mother got custody of the two that are hers. The biological father of the others filed for custody also

Ann Landers

Wow, that brings up a whole host of awful memories. I kind of wish I hadn't watched the small amount I did watch. Those people are assholes. And you know what? Of course the kids say they're fine. I used to say I was fine too, because better the devil you know, I guess. Plus, I was trying to keep the abusive focus off my younger siblings. Kids do a lot of weird things to keep their family together, even if they're living a life full of abuse.

These kids are hooped though, from all accounts.

This is just craziness. Those poor kids were definitely abused.

Here's an interview with the biomom of Cody and Emma talking about them being back at home with her.

It sounds like DaddyOFive has a pretty sketchy past with manipulation and abuse from some of the things I'm reading.

I'm just glad the kids got out.

The youngest one Cody looks like he's about to have a breakdown. Living in a constant state of gas lighting has to be hell.

Ann Landers

Ugh.
    It just takes being an asshole to a whole new level
    We will be moving to the new forum on November 1st.
    Be sure to register.

http://webegtodiffer.boards.net/