Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American Gods

Wishes reality was like comic books tpatt100's Avatar

American Gods

First episode was pretty good, totally forgot about "one part" in the book and they actually had it in the episode... gives new meaning to the song "Maneater".

Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

I thought it was weird and awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the middle of the book. I'm trying to decide if I should wait until I'm done to start the series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched episode 1.
    What did I watch?
    (Never read the book)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sprockey View Post
    Just watched episode 1.
    What did I watch?
    (Never read the book)

There are all sorts of gods walking the earth. Most are not as powerful as they used to be because nobody believes in them anymore.

When that lady did her thing she wanted the guy to worship her to help her do her thing and get her beauty back.

The young guy at the end is Technical Boy, he's the "Internet" because we worship the Internet now a days so he's powerful and a "New God".

I had to look up the part where he turns into that rainbow looking thing and the creators said that is their true form (godflesh).
    Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.

Ann Landers

Just watched episode 1.
    What did I watch?
    (Never read the book)

Forgot to mention, Shadow's prison friend who gave him advice on talking to airline employees? That's "Low Key"

Ann Landers

I bought the Starz channel on Amazon just to watch this. Although I also started watching Outlander while I've got it.

It is different from the book in a lot of ways, but Ian McShane could not be more perfect as Mr. Wednesday.

I'm looking forward to the idyllic town part of the story, with the car on the ice contest.

Also, much love for Joel Murray, who was perfect before Bilquis swallowed him up.

Quote Originally Posted by tpatt100 View Post
    There are all sorts of gods walking the earth. Most are not as powerful as they used to be because nobody believes in them anymore.

When that lady did her thing she wanted the guy to worship her to help her do her thing and get her beauty back.

The young guy at the end is Technical Boy, he's the "Internet" because we worship the Internet now a days so he's powerful and a "New God".

I had to look up the part where he turns into that rainbow looking thing and the creators said that is their true form (godflesh).
    OK, thanks!

is it worth watching if you don't know the story or read the book? Because my DH and I were like "what the heck is this?!"

OK, thanks!

is it worth watching if you don't know the story or read the book? Because my DH and I were like "what the heck is this?!"
    My wife hasn't read the book but she is curious about where things are going. The first episode in my opinion is counting on viewers to become curious but some of the important stuff seems to be downplayed.

I think new shows need to air two episodes back to back when it premiers especially with a show like this.

I told my wife to think of this as a rated R Once Upon a Time lol

Ann Landers

It was definitely interesting enough to watch again!

But sometimes I watch shows and have no idea what is going on, so I quit them.

Once Upon a Time was one of them LOL